NOTE: this software is for Classic Mac OS (eg: OS 9) and cannot be used on Mac OS X.
Nisus Writer Classic is no longer for sale. This page is only for archival purposes.
- Character- and paragraph-based style sheets
- Style Libraries for collections of defined styles.
- Language styles to indicate which language of any text.
- Headers and footers
- Footnotes and endnotes
- Multiple columns
- Index, cross reference, table of contents
- Line numbering
- Display spaces, tabs and paragraph marks
- Equation editor (based on Design Science's MathType)
- Table editor
- Page numbers and counter numbers definable for graphics, equations, tables, etc.
- Automatic or fixed line spacing
- Tracking & Leading
- Command-selecting a named ruler from the
"Ruler Name" popup menu brings up the delete/rename/find
- RGB colors are now saved as part of defined styles.
- When you option-select
a named ruler from the popup, a confirmation alert appears, rather than the
ruler name dialog.
- Eliminated wrapping in the ruler name box.
- Eliminated warning when you backspace
over a ruler, and added deletion of Return character with the ruler.
default tab stops beyond the last explicit tab stop, at half-inch intervals.
ruler is not added when pasting into text of the same style, provided
a Return character is included in the pasted text.