NOTE: this software is for Classic Mac OS (eg: OS 9) and cannot be used on Mac OS X.
Nisus Writer Classic is no longer for sale. This page is only for archival purposes.
- Full drag & drop support
- Up to 24 open Glossary files, for quick insertion of text & graphics
- Paste Special commands allow you to paste just text, just character
attributes, or just paragraph attributes.
- Import files by drag-and drop.
- Word Services support for external spelling/grammar checkers
- Automatic save & backup
- Open & Save in any popular format (Microsoft® Word,
WordPerfect®, RTF, QuarkXPress, PageMaker®,
EPS & other filters included)
- Date and time stamp
- Dynamic cross references
- Mail merge
- Catalog for file management
- 135,000+ word spelling dictionary
- 1.4 million response thesaurus
- When pasting
text containing a marker, a conflict dialog appears if
a marker of the same name exists.
- Copying text
by option-dragging gives marker conflict dialogs when appropriate.
- Added command
key equivalents to the marker conflict dialog.
- Option-selecting a marker from the Jump
menu gives the deletion confirmation alert.
- New command "To Referenced Mark" in
the Jump submenu jumps to the mark
referred to by the first cross-reference in a selection.
- After marker marker deletion, the location
of the former mark is no longer selected.
- An alert appears with the marker name
conflict dialog, so you can pick a new name.
- Document setting changes count as file
Manager modifications were made to the Preferences dialog.