About Nisus Writer Pro Version 3.1
This is a significant update
- Restores non-English localizations
- Improves compatibility with macOS 10.15 Catalina
- Adds several enhancements
- Fixes many important bugs
The source code of LibreOffice by The Document Foundation (copyright LibreOffice contributors and/or their affiliates),
as modified by Nisus Software Inc, and used for file format conversions by Nisus Writer Pro is
available for download.
Restored localizations (Danish, French, German, Italian, Polish and Portuguese).
- English keyboard shortcuts are now available when using a non-English localization, but can be overridden. Changes to non-English shortcuts do not affect shortcuts when reverting to the English localization.
- Centimeter ruler units should permit an accuracy of 0.01 cm.
- The cross-reference suffixes "above" and "below" should be customizable for each language.
- Added the menu File > Versions to list and open previously saved versions.
- Document Merge can now compose emails in Apple Mail and export PDF files.
- Note styles can control how much horizontal space to use between notes on the same line.
- Added a built-in menu command to show all broken cross-references in a document.
- Clicking the up/down stepper arrows in the palettes can produce larger or smaller changes by holding down the Option or Control modifier key respectively, eg: hold Control to change the font size by ±0.1 points.
- Styles can enforce character formatting removal (eg: unbold), without a parent style that first enforces it.
- List style levels can enforce character formatting removal (eg: unbold).
For a complete list of changes see the full release notes.
If you need an older app version see the version archives.