Nisus Writer Pro 3.2.1 Release Notes
This is a minor update to fix a few key issues, focussing on macOS Big Sur.
This is a free update for existing users of Nisus Writer Pro version 3.
If you are a user of Nisus Writer Pro version 2 (or lower) this is a paid upgrade.
Version 3 introduced many new features
and requires a new license key purchase.
Nisus Writer Pro 3.2.1 is the latest version available.
Fixed several issues related to macOS Big Sur:
- sluggish behavior and excessive RAM usage.
- toolbar items can be incorrectly sized.
- minor drawing and placement issues with some controls, annotations, and toolbar items.
- wrong text selection when double-clicking numbers with commas or contractions.
- Compare Documents macro always fails.
- Fixed: adjusting hyphenation can trigger crashes in Page View.
- Fixed: thesaurus suggestions fail to show in the Language palette on macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- Fixed: the dialog to import/export styles from the Style Library crashes on macOS 10.11 El Capitan.
- Fixed: Dark Mode can prevent note divider lines from appearing correctly in printouts and PDFs.
- Fixed: Dark Mode can prevent the Find window from showing the text insertion point.
- Fixed: Dark Mode makes the alert showing which macro files need to be updated unreadable.
- Fixed: special Full Screen coloring modes did not always work correctly.
- Fixed: document windows that are minimized in the Dock should be restored as such after app relaunch.
- Fixed: paragraph spacing should never be shown as less than zero (ie: negative).
- Fixed: EPUB export fails for non-English file names.
- Fixed: trying to enable synchronized scrolling twice should not crash.
- Fixed: typewriter scrolling misplaces annotations in the Page View sidebar.
- Fixed: drag-drop of TOC entries in the Navigator should not disrupt section breaks.
- Fixed: drag-dropping a TOC entry to the very end of the Navigator sidebar should not be so finicky.
- Changed: buttons with the gear icon should not have borders on macOS Catalina and later.
- Fixed: paragraph coloring should not draw on top of annotation titlebars.
- Fixed: style library icons in the Document Manager should not show as folder icons.
- Fixed: activating a new keyboard shortcut in the Menu Keys preferences should not include modifier keys from the menu command's prior keyboard shortcut.
- Fixed: keyboard shortcuts using the arrow keys display on menus improperly.
- Fixed: the warning icon for conflicting keyboard shortcuts may draw improperly.
- Added: the gutter icon for paragraph layout options indicates if there is more than a single option applied.
- Changed: Italian localization for the menu "File" should not be "Archivio".
- Fixed: removing footnote areas should never trigger errors.
- Changed: attempt to prevent crash caused by invalid annotation coordinates.
- Fixed: possible crash in background text stats calculation.
- Fixed: macros that create TextSelection objects using certain kinds of text can cause crashes.
- Fixed: macros that generate certain kinds of Text objects can trigger crashes.
- Fixed: the macro command "Save as PDF" incorrectly always shows an error message, even on success.
- Fixed: font fallback calculations are more consistent and should not trigger macOS warnings in the system log.
- Fixed: certain editing near same-page section breaks can trigger subsequent failures to redraw properly.
- Changed: attempt to prevent and elucidate crash in updating border palette.
- Fixed: potential issues with Nisus Analytics collection.