Renumbering Footnotes by Section

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Daniel Siegel

Renumbering Footnotes by Section

Post by Daniel Siegel »

I'm working from a file originally done in Word for PC. What I need to do is change the footnote numbering from starting over on each page to starting over in each new section. When I set that in the footnote style, it makes no difference. Even when I remove the page separations and group the text by section, I can still get a first footnote numbered 2 and then the sequence will start from 1 again (if the original had a page change at that point). I've tried selecting all the notes; I've tried creating a new document from scratch and pasting text in one section at a time, to no avail.
I'm guessing that it has something to do with the settings from Word, but I don't know what those could be.
Also, the document in in Hebrew and I've set Hebrew as the language throughout and removed individual overrides, as was suggested in another post.
Any ideas?
Daniel
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

The only thing I can think of is that the style applied to your footnotes is not what you think it is. Here's what I suggest you do:

1. Place the caret in any footnote area.
2. Switch to Stylesheet view. The corresponding Note style should be shown.
3. Make sure the "Number Restart" option is set to "Per Section".

Of course your document will also have to contain one or more section breaks for this to have any effect.

If you still have issues, please send the file to me using the menu Help > Send Feedback.