Where is My License code?!

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
drsajed

Where is My License code?!

Post by drsajed »

Hi All,

I purchased Nisus Writer Pro through the App Store, however the version that was downloaded is just a demo!
So, how can I get my license code?

Any Advice?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Where is My License code?!

Post by martin »

When you buy Nisus Writer (or any other application) through Apple's Mac App Store, you do not receive a license code. Instead the App Store download will automatically include a special kind of receipt file that is coded to unlock your purchased application. All this is automatic; you never see this special coded receipt file.
the version that was downloaded is just a demo!
This isn't possible; there are no demos on the App Store. I would guess that you downloaded a demo from nisus.com directly, and then later purchased through the Mac App Store, which would leave two copies of Nisus Writer on your computer. Buying a version through the App Store will not unlock/enable any versions you downloaded directly from nisus.com.

I would check your computer for duplicate copies of Nisus Writer and remove all but the one you purchased through the App Store. If need be, you could delete all versions of Nisus Writer from your computer, and then redownload the App Store version (Apple should let you do this for free once you've made a purchase).

I hope that helps. Let us know if anything isn't clear.
mountainman

Post by mountainman »

I recently purchased Pro from the App Store. I wonder how to find out what the license code is because (1) page ix of the Pro manual says that if we purchase Pro from the App Store we should register it with Nisus Software, and (2) I want to preserve the number elsewhere in case it's needed in the future.

The copy of Pro on my desktop machine was obtained from Nisus Software, and the "Nisus Writer Pro" menu includes a "Licenses..." item, but the copy purchased from the App Store and installed on my MacBook Air has no "Licenses..." item under that menu.

So, how do I find the number for registration?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

mountainman wrote:I recently purchased Pro from the App Store. I wonder how to find out what the license code is
Purchases made via the Mac App Store (MAS) actually do not use license keys. Instead, Apple ties the downloaded software to your MAS account. So long as you have your Apple / MAS / iCloud login, you will be able to access your purchased software.
(1) page ix of the Pro manual says that if we purchase Pro from the App Store we should register it with Nisus Software
Don't worry about registering your license key with us, since your MAS purchase has no key. Instead, perhaps just sign up for our newsletter if you'd like to say in touch with Nisus.

I hope that explains things. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.