Redefine Home and End keys . . .

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
goldste4

Redefine Home and End keys . . .

Post by goldste4 »

Hi All,

I'm new to the Mac, and thought that behaviour of the Home and End keys in NWP was simply an OS X convention (which it very well may be). However, I noticed that the behaviour of those keys in MS Word (for OS X) is similar to what I would expect from my Windows days: Home takes you to the beginning of the line, End, to the end of it.

So, is there a way to change the behaviour of those keys within NWP?

Thanks,
Josh
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Redefine Home and End keys . . .

Post by martin »

Hi Josh,

By convention, the Home and End keys scroll you to the start/end of the document. But it sounds like you want them to also change the location of the text insertion point (caret). That isn't standard Mac behavior.

You could configure OSX to change the behavior globally across all your compliant applications by adjusting your keyboard bindings (warning: this is a bit involved). Or you might just follow Mac convention and start using Command + Up Arrow to move the insertion point to the start of the document, and Command + Down Arrow to move to the end.

I hope that helps.
goldste4

Re: Redefine Home and End keys . . .

Post by goldste4 »

Hi Martin, thanks. I guess conformity to convention is the best course of action: Cmd + arrow keys it will be! Best, Josh