Multiple Choice Questions

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
tom raffetto

Post by tom raffetto »

Thanks to all of you for your assistance. I'm sure it will be very helpful and I will be able to leave Word by the wayside.
Tom
Tom R
xiamenese

Post by xiamenese »

Couple of comments here:

1) Geoff is right to point out the usefulness of shift-return. It means for instance, that you can have a style for quotations, with space-before and space-after allocated, but you want to use it for poetry and don't want the extra space between lines ... just use shift-return until the last line of the stanza.

2) I couldn't think of a way to attach my template to my post, hence my suggestion to Tom to email me. I don't know if it is possible to set this version of phpBB to accept attachments — the Scrivener forum has upgraded to a more recent version in which it is possible — but it seems to me that there might be a case for setting up a repository where we could upload templates we have created that we think could help other board members in just these circumstances ... and lighten the burden on Martin of spending time cobbling one up on the spot. :wink:

What do you think?

Mark
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

Good idea, marko.

Cheers, geoff
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'm all for lightening the burden on this Martin guy :P We'll definitely see about getting the forum to accept attachments.

The repository idea is nice as well, but I'm not sure allowing anyone to upload whatever they feel like without some kind of management on our part is for the best. I see that situation getting hairy. But I think a template repository with an open submission policy would be nice. The (currently rather sparse) macro repository could also use such a feature.

Thanks for your thoughts Mark.
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

Hello Martin

The PhotoLine 32 forum <http://pl32.net/pages/forum.htm> uses phpBB and allows posters to upload a document with their post. Of course, it is usually a graphic.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
xiamenese

Post by xiamenese »

martin wrote:I'm all for lightening the burden on this Martin guy :P We'll definitely see about getting the forum to accept attachments.

The repository idea is nice as well, but I'm not sure allowing anyone to upload whatever they feel like without some kind of management on our part is for the best. I see that situation getting hairy. But I think a template repository with an open submission policy would be nice. The (currently rather sparse) macro repository could also use such a feature.

Thanks for your thoughts Mark.
Thanks not necessary; always glad to help if I can.

Actually, I wasn't thinking of a free-for-all repository, but if we could submit templates — or macros — for prospective inclusion, then that would be great.

Mark