MS Word putting blank lines between table rows

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
paieye

MS Word putting blank lines between table rows

Post by paieye »

First of all, my apology if I have asked this or a similar question previously.I seem unable th for the time being to find my previous posts in this forum. I have constructed a table using NWP to listArabic words and their English translation.I send the document, formatted in RTF, to my correspondent. Using MS Word, shd makes corrections and adds comments, and then returns the result to me, again formatted in RTF. I attach an example. As you can see, my table has come back to me with the rows separated from each other by a blank line. Can this be put right ?
Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 14.29.02.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 14.29.02.png (215.17 KiB) Viewed 8969 times
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: MS Word putting blank lines between table rows

Post by martin »

Probably the best way to identify the problem is for us to see the problematic document. Could you please send me a copy of the file you received from your correspondent? It's important that you send the file as saved by Microsoft Word, before it's reopened and resaved by Nisus Writer.

It's best if you send us the file using the menu Help > Send Feedback, but you also email it to me at the following address. Thanks for your help!
paieye

Post by paieye »

Thank you ! Feedback on its way.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thank you for sending your file paieye! I've taken a look and the quick evaluation seems to be that this is a bug in Nisus Writer. The table in the RTF file is being loaded incorrectly. We'll have to investigate further to know more. I'm sorry for the trouble.
Vanceone

Post by Vanceone »

While this has nothing to do with the problem paleye is having with tables, if (while logged in to the forum) you click on your username in a post, it will take you to your profile page. On the right there is a listing of user statistics, and if you click on the "search user posts" link that is displayed right after the "total posts" statistic, it will take you to a page with links to all your past posts.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

This issue has been resolved in Nisus Writer Pro version 3.2.2. That software update is available everywhere: inside the app, the Mac App Store, and direct download.