Nisus Writer Pro 3.2.2 Release Notes
This is a minor update to fix a few key issues.
This is a free update for existing users of Nisus Writer Pro version 3.
If you are a user of Nisus Writer Pro version 2 (or lower) this is a paid upgrade.
Version 3 introduced many new features
and requires a new license key purchase.
Nisus Writer Pro 3.2.2 is the latest version available.
- Fixed: crashes on prerelease beta versions of macOS Monterey.
- Fixed: base characters can be incorrectly doubled when saving files or copy-pasting.
- Attempt to fix bug where Nisus File Converter burns background CPU when it should be idle.
- Changed: adjusted for changes in Bookends version 14 to restore communication.
- Fixed: image contextual menu commands (e.g. Markup) are incorrectly disabled on macOS Catalina and later.
- Fixed: Learn Spelling should recheck all text.
- Fixed: annotations inside table cells can fail to appear in the Page View sidebars.
- Fixed: documents with tracked changes inside table cells can be imported incorrectly.
- Fixed: hyperlinks before (or on) cross-references can incorrectly spread to the following text.
- Fixed: text indexing can incorrectly spread to adjacent text when overlapped by field codes.
- Fixed: copy-pasting a single image may discard metadata (e.g. file name) in the presence of certain tools.
- Fixed: crash when redefining paragraph style with "none" list style (or creating one based on the selection).
- Changed: attempt to prevent hangs that can be triggered when printing and saving activity occur simultaneously.
- Changed: prophylactic changes to prevent crash when inserting table rows.
- Fixed: inactive annotation fading does not always occur properly in tables.
- Fixed: comments that are replaced/deleted with tracked changes enabled can incorrectly remain visible.
- Fixed: paragraph shading and borders do not work correctly in Style View.
- Fixed: editing a Style Sheet with Split View triggers several issues like unwanted focus changes.
- Fixed: Paragraph Shading palette could be incorrectly disabled.
- Fixed: deactivating the standard color wheel panel could incorrectly trigger border edge formatting changes.
- Fixed: changing the shading pattern for heterogeneous items should not affect fill color and other properties.
- Fixed: irregular behaviors when changing background shading colors.
- Fixed: if a file is modified externally and automatically reloaded by Nisus Writer, the text area may incorrectly have a black background.
- Fixed: contextual menus to change the paragraph's writing direction do not work.
- Changed: removed non-functional contextual menus that change the character-level writing direction.
- Fixed: copy-paste of multi-part selections can discard styles.
- Fixed: can't drag a list style from the Style Library.
- Fixed: cross-references to a footnote/endnote should jump to the note's actual text.
- Fixed: TOC navigator sidebar can trigger long delays when reopening a document.
- Fixed: AppleScript should be able to inspect text properties like font, size, and color.
- Fixed: document with circular style references triggers crash.
- Fixed: possible crash during Page View editing with multiple sections.
- Fixed: possible crash when opening files with stylesheets with non-unique style names.
- Fixed: possible crash when replacing large blocks of text with multiple kinds of tracked changes applied.
- Fixed: possible crash when saving automatic numbers in section header/footers.
- Fixed: possible hang when deleting tables with list items, if tracked changes enabled.
- Fixed: prevent possible crash when pasting web content if all data is missing.
- Fixed: rare crash in background spellchecking.
- Opt: slow to show the "Look Up" popover in a heavily formatted file.
- Fixed: floating shapes fail to export as HTML images.
- Fixed: text indexing can interact badly with field codes.
- Changed: attempt to fix crashes when updating certain palettes.
- Added: Formatting Examiner palette should show last known information for broken cross-references.
- Opt: switching in/out of the app should not update hidden palettes.
- Fixed: Section numbering format popup button should be enabled in the Sections palette, even if numbering does not restart for the section.
- Fixed: exception due to out-of-range annotation coordinate.
- Fixed: replacing styles should clear the Semi-Hidden attribute.
- Fixed: formatting all selected footnotes/endnotes can fail to reactivate the note area.
- Fixed: annotation sidebar connecting lines can fail to redraw fully in situation with displaced annotations.
- Fixed: macros that generate table selections with zero rows can cause hangs.
- Fixed: paragraph numbering can fail to show in Draft View.
- Fixed: editing section settings can incorrectly focus a prior header/footer.
- Fixed: add preconfigured Styles palettes for single style types.
- Fixed: when dictation is underway, delay autosave so it doesn't cause issues like hangs or text corruption.
- Fixed: the forward Delete key should clear multi-part selections.
- Fixed: synchronized scrolling can behave incorrectly when split view shows footnotes/endnotes.
- Fixed: wrong names for default set of Hebrew special characters.
- Changed: added capital sigma to the default Math special characters.
- Fixed: non-ASCII characters in a URL prevent detecting it on the clipboard.
- Fixed: paragraph styles that override to use no ruler tab stops can incorrectly lose that formatting after copy-paste or reopening a file
- Fixed: custom toolbar icons can appear way too large in the toolbar customization sheet.
- Fixed: Font Preview panel did not use correct text colors in Dark Mode.
- Fixed: the Other Font Size panel should default to showing the current font size.
- Fixed: the numeric input panel should disable the OK button if no number has been entered.
- Fixed: choosing to skip reopening trashed files at launch should not prevent later manually opening trashed files.
- Changed: clarified error message that per-app iCloud storage is not available.
- Fixed: document properties window can use the wrong Dark Mode color for comments text.
- Fixed: Sparkle framework should not include "InfoClick" updater.
- Added: enhanced the macro command "Remove Text Indexing" to support additional options.