Nisus Writer Pro 3.0.3 Release Notes
This is a minor update to fix several important issues.
This is a free update for existing users of Nisus Writer Pro version 3.
If you are a user of version 2 (or lower) this is a paid upgrade.
Version 3.0 was a major upgrade with many new features
and requires a new license key purchase.
Nisus Writer Pro 3.0.3 is the latest version available.
- Comptaible with macOS 10.15 Catalina, including app notarization.
- Fixed: inserting a custom date/time stamp crashes.
- Fixed: default system date/time formats are not detected correctly.
- Fixed: callouts are not loaded from files; they are incorrectly converted to floating text boxes.
- Fixed: renaming a file externally while it's still open in Nisus Writer can cause future saves to fail, or crashes.
- Fixed: tables may be improperly tiled after opening a file, if certain features are involved (eg: floating shapes).
- Fixed: moving an underline leader tab marker on the ruler will incorrectly discard the leader line.
- Fixed some issues with sections and breaks:
- section endnotes disrupt "same page" section breaks, incorrectly triggering a page break.
- page breaks are not always obeyed for sections with multiple columns.
- same page section breaks with multiple columns can incorrectly leave the first column empty.
- Fixed: adding bookmarks to a multi-part selection with a lot of parts can take too long.
- Fixed: Document Fonts list should always show fonts used by font substitution, even after a file is first opened.
- Fixed: Text Analysis panel should respect the user's choice to exclude certain types of content, and should never include comments or tracked changes.
- Fixed: certain kinds of smart content can trigger warnings about instabilities in specific text layout situations.
- Fixed: footnote area focus ring draws incorrectly if the note style has a taller gutter.
- Changed: exceptions during screen redrawing should trigger a warning alert, instead of possible crashes.
- Changed: minor improvements to how text flow indicators are drawn for linked floating text boxes.