Nisus Writer Pro 3.0.1 Release Notes
This is a minor update to fix several important issues.
This is a free update for existing users of Nisus Writer Pro version 3.
If you are a user of version 2 (or lower) this is a paid upgrade.
Version 3.0 was a major upgrade with many new features
and requires a new license key purchase.
Nisus Writer Pro 3.0.1 is the latest version available.
- Editing the New File preferences could trigger crashes.
- Export to DOC or DOCX would:
- incorrectly enforce page breaks before every paragraph.
- incorrectly apply the options "keep with next paragraph" and "keep paragraph together" to most text.
- Fixed issues with Full Screen mode:
- Full Screen settings should not be restored when reopening a file no longer in Full Screen mode.
- Editing text in Full Screen can trigger large white rectangles to flash on screen.
- Scrollbars can incorrectly remain visible after exiting Full Screen, even when set to automatically hide.
- Adjusting the Full Screen gutter width slider did not trigger immediate updates.
- Toolbar items could incorrectly disable all their contextual menus in Full Screen.
- Fixed performance regression where files with many tables are slower to save and otherwise interact with.
- Spellchecking can incorrectly mark all words as misspelled after opening the Language preferences.
- Floating text boxes often don't immediately show newly added text.
- HTML export should produce stable intra-document link URLs for TOCs, cross-references, etc
- Fixed some issues related to language preferences:
- The option to change the runtime localization (for menus etc) should be disabled. All non‑English translations haven’t yet been updated for version 3.0.
- The language preference to "Switch to last used font" did not always work correctly.
- Old language customization files could incorrectly revert language settings every time the app is launched.
- Adjusting language preferences and then immediately quitting the app could fail to save the new settings.
- Removed vestiges of the outdated Portuguese localization, which triggered crashes at launch if activated.
- App activation could incorrectly create an Untitled window, even if an existing document was already open.
- Also should not restore empty Untitled documents when relaunching the app.
- Section endnotes are not always visible in Page View.
- Inserting an endnote in Page View doesn't always scroll it into view.
- Print paper scaling no longer works correctly.
- Possible crash when the undo history involves footnotes and tracked changes.
- Annotation split view (for comments or tracked changes) could incorrectly autoscroll the main document view, or sub-optimally force typesetting for all annotations.
- A ruler tab stop should not be ignored if it's exactly coincident with the hanging indent.
- Pressing the End key should force text layout and scroll to the very end of the document.
- Insert Cross-Reference dialog settings should be preserved between uses, eg: window size.
- Cross-References that show numbering fail to update if the target bookmark is enclosed in an annotation.
- The Paragraph palette can incorrectly report the option to "Break Before ¶".
- Hyperlinks in table cells inside headers/footers are incorrectly exported to PDF.
- The contextual and services menus could be slow to open.
- Pleading Page mode should extend the double vertical line to the edge of the header/footer.
- Showing the Navigator sidebar should default to a mode (TOC or Bookmarks) with items actually available.
- The Highlight color menus were incorrectly disabled in the Find panel.
- Selecting a table inside a comment split view can result in improper automatic scrolling.
- Documents that are never shown on screen could cause crashes or memory leaks.
- Footnotes in Page View could sporadically trigger improper ruler updates. Using the tab editing dialog could also cause crashes if background layout was underway.
- Showing a Find Results List window on macOS 10.11 can crash.
- Several random Page View crashes related to pagination, footnotes, or other certain layout situations.
- Undoing the deletion of a newline with tracked changes doesn't correctly restore the prior paragraph style
- The Save panel should default to the Macros folder for documents created using the New Macro menu.
- Fixed possible random crash in background text stats calculation due to out-of-bounds array index.
- Prevent possible hang during menu validation, if the command Edit > Repeat itself triggers a validation loop.
- Added more language flag icons.
- Text color and highlight menus for standard colors (eg: Red) should be exactly the same as version 2.
- Attempt to prevent crashes related to improper memory management when saving files.
- Opt: saving RTF preallocates a memory buffer as large as the last time the file was saved, to try to prevent unnecessary reallocation.
- Opt: disable background layout while saving files.
- Control clicking a Split View divider bar should show the contextual menu.
- Dragging text in Page View doesn't always autoscroll.
- Formatting Examiner palette should show glyph variants.
- The Dropper toolbar item should copy the language.
- Palette windows that have been incorrectly positioned out of view offscreen should be forced into view.
- Insert Link has a default link showing "https" instead of "http".
- Opt: macros: should try to match menu paths in macros as full paths first, even if they lack a root path prefix.
- Synchronized scrolling fails to enter target selection mode when using a keyboard shortcut.
- Background calculation of text statistics could cause hang.
- Should be able to define Command + Enter as a keyboard shortcut.
- Prevent nil object exceptions if a document is invalidated before its toolbar loaded.
- Should be able to paste text if a footnote or endnote is entirely selected, including its terminal newline.
- Shapes anchored to hidden headers and footers should not be drawn.
- RTF files saved by LibreOffice should be treated as such during file loading to improve compatibility.
- The macro Text object commands "listItemAtIndex" and "listItemInParagraphAtIndex" did not correctly accept a 2nd optional Range argument.