InfoClick to index achieves

Talk about InfoClick, our email search tool.
TomRitch

InfoClick to index achieves

Post by TomRitch » 2018-04-15 20:55:07

I want to archive old mail, to remove it from my active Mail application, but keep it around for future reference. How well will InfoClick work for this? How should I do it?

I asked in Apple Discussions, and was told the application MailSteward would do what I wanted. I figured InfoClick would be as good. If anyone knows both of these applications, please advise me. What are their relative strengths and weaknesses?

Tom

xiamenese

Re: InfoClick to index achieves

Post by xiamenese » 2018-04-16 02:04:31

First of all, because I use GyazMail not Apple Mail, I can't use InfoClick, but I do use MailSteward.

I have been using MailSteward—in fact the 'Pro' version—since 2011 or 2012. At the beginning of a year, I archive all my mails from the previous year in separate year-named archives which I keep on an external disk, though I could merge them all into a single archive. When I've built the archive, I delete those mails from the app.

In all its iterations since I first purchased it, Mail Steward has been solid and reliable, though not exactly pretty. It has extensive filter functions, and I find it very straightforward to use. With GyazMail, I need to export all my mailboxes as Unix mboxes and then import those into Mail Steward, but I *believe* it can be set up to automatically archive from Apple Mail.

I'd recommend Mail Steward, but I leave it to others to make the comparison with InfoClick—I'd give it a try if it worked with GyazMail, but it seems the chances of that happening are minimal, so …

:)

Mark