Template collection(s)?

Share and post Nisus Writer template files.
flips

Template collection(s)?

Post by flips »

Hi!
My use of NWP has changed slightly, now I need to create more fancy documents (letters, brochures, folders etc.).
(So far I've mostly just used it for my own academic papers, teaching notes and simple letters.)

So, I was wondering, is there an official template pack or something? (Maybe there was but I've deleted it or something? I only see the default template and my own templates in Document Manager.)

Or maybe some of you have some nice templates to share?
(Like the default templates in MS Word that has matching fonts/colors for titles, sub-titles etc.)

It would be nice with some other choices than my own, too. I realize I'm no typographer. What looked cool when I first created a template, seems a little tiring to my eyes after a while ... :)
flips :)
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Template collection(s)?

Post by martin »

Hi flips- there isn't any official template package, sorry. I wonder what kinds of templates users want to see exactly; we've been asked for templates before, but without specifics. From your post, it sounds like you're just looking for templates with slick/fun formatting combinations? Maybe some other users would be gracious and share interesting designs they've put together.
flips

Post by flips »

Yes, exactly!
I would love some nice font/color combinations, with good defaults for numbered lists, bullet lists etc.

It would also be nice with template for folders, tri-fold brochures etc. too. (Like in Pages where you just drop in your pics and changes some text and titles.)
But the main thing for me is slick combinations of fonts/colors for headings, body text, block quotes etc.

(And BTW, did I mention that I just love Nisus Writer Pro, it's so nice to come back to if you're forced to edit stuff in Word or Pages or LibreOffice ...) :)
flips :)
wwgreaves

Post by wwgreaves »

I'm recently started using NWP, so I am setting up document templates and learning how to use the program at the same time.

I'm recreating the templates in Pages and Word as my own NWP templates. For example, yeasterday I recreated the Classic and Dublin letter templates for letters. It's good practice for me in setting up documents, and the resulting templates look good and are useful.

Attachments
Nisus Template - Dublin.rtf
Dublin Template for NWP.
(5.52 KiB) Downloaded 1627 times
wwgreaves

Post by wwgreaves »

When I downloaded the template I posted above, it was all messed up. Half of it was missing, and the rest was not usable.

What format should I use to upload documents to this forum so that they maintain their content and layout?

Thanks for your assistance —
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

If you zip files before uploading them, they should remain intact.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

First, thank you for uploading your template!
wwgreaves wrote:When I downloaded the template I posted above, it was all messed up. Half of it was missing, and the rest was not usable.
I downloaded the RTF template you posted and it seems to be working and complete for me. I'm not sure why you'd have trouble downloading it yourself.
What format should I use to upload documents to this forum so that they maintain their content and layout?
As Hamid mentioned, zipping/archiving the files should be bullet proof. You could also save your files in NWP using the Nisus Compressed RTF file format (file extension ".zrtf") which zips the contents automatically.
wwgreaves

Post by wwgreaves »

Thanks for bearing with me.

Attached in ZRTF format are my Capital template in Hoefler Text and my Dublin template in Copperplate and Helvetica Neue. If these uploads are successful, more templates will follow.

I want to be helpful, so if the fonts are not coming through properly, please let me know which fonts to use that everyone will be able to see.
Attachments
Nisus Template - Dublin.zrtf
(2.16 KiB) Downloaded 1657 times
Nisus Template - Capital - Hoefler Text.zrtf
(2.31 KiB) Downloaded 1629 times