Big Group Hug and Why Nisus Writer is Fabulous

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
loulesko

Big Group Hug and Why Nisus Writer is Fabulous

Post by loulesko »

So I’m all warm and fuzzy today because the book my producing partner and I started writing over a year ago released this week. The book start to finish was organized and written in Nisus Writer Pro which turned out to be flawless. The application never once crashed in spite of major manic abuse of the document. Just imagine two Hollywood egos working on the same book. Also the overall simplicity of the application allowed us to access some of the advanced features without having to take a sabbatical from writing to go learn how to use them.

It doesn’t feel right celebrating the release of this book without thanking the people at Nisus and the community here on the forums. We had to utilize some complicated macros get the book finished on time and the level of macro programming needed was way above my pay grade. Martin from Nisus as well as some of the forum members like Phillip, Hamid and Kino stepped in and lent an invaluable hand.

If ever this is read by someone considering the purchase of Nisus Writer Pro, you’re not just buying brilliant software, you’re also keeping some pretty awesome company here on these forums.

Many thanks,
Lou Lesko

Here's the book for anyone who is interested in DSLR filmmaking.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1435457366
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Re: Big Group Hug and Why Nisus Writer is Fabulous

Post by rmark »

Thank you Lou. We appreciate all your contributions here and to the macro portion of the forum as well.

I am also amazed by the international crew the comes together here to help. You use a wide variety of languages and come from an even wider range of cultures. it's a pleasure to see so many help each other out.

Lou, I hope your book sells well.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Big Group Hug and Why Nisus Writer is Fabulous

Post by martin »

It's always a pleasure to help out with macros and produce solutions that make our customer's lives easier. Thanks very much for the happy Nisus warm-fuzzies Lou! We appreciate that :) And yes, good luck with the book!