Please help - Arabic fonts

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Drew

Please help - Arabic fonts

Post by Drew »

Having downloaded practically everything after researching which word processors will allow Arabic fonts...

Where do I find the Arabic fonts in Nisus Pro? I have selected RTL typing. How do I get the Arabic fonts? This is so frustrating. For the first time in my life I wish I was using MS Word... I pull down the fonts but NO fonts.

:(

I would be immeasurably grateful if someone could talk a newbie in step by step detail so I can start entering info into my Arabic glossary. English on the left, Arabic font on the right...

Almost suicidal here...
Ruchama

Re: Please help - Arabic fonts

Post by Ruchama »

your question is not clear: are you a new user of mac? do you have arabic as an input source activated? (do you have the green moon flag o the top menu of the finder? can you type arabic in any other software? what system are you using?
if you could give us some details, it would be easier to help you..
Drew

Post by Drew »

You have answered my query. Such a simple thing - I feel so stupid. I selected the green crescent and now all is okay.
Ruchama

Post by Ruchama »

as far as I remember, microsoft "borrowed" apple's language flags concept back in the eighties so then need to switch flags/input keyboards has become rather common in the pc world... :) :P

just kidding.. enjoy your mac!