Stock templates?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
jgarbers

Stock templates?

Post by jgarbers »

Although NWP is my word processor of choice on my Mac, I just found myself using Pages to create a simple business letter because it had several predefined templates. I've looked around a little in NWP but haven't found any equivalent, although having stock templates for letters, invitations, etc. seems like a pretty common word processing feature these days. Am I missing something in NWP, or is there perhaps a place to download and install some templates? Is there a place like Graffletopia, which allows users to share OmniGraffle stencils, for NWP templates?

Thanks!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Stock templates?

Post by martin »

We don't have anything like this at the moment, but it's a good idea that's been suggested by users on the forum a few times. Hopefully we'll have a chance to add something to our website in the future.
xiamenese

Re: Stock templates?

Post by xiamenese »

In the meantime, it's pretty easy to build your own templates. The only thing that's missing is an "Open from Template" menu. I use the Document Manager as a workaround for this as I the only other files that go in there are temporary saves; but I would like a menu for the purpose.

And I guess the other things which always get me a bit — particularly with the "professionally designed" templates Apple includes with their apps — are: (1) they are so American in style and often content, and as a Brit of a certain age they don't suit my taste; and (2) I'm beginning to look at documents I receive and think, "Oh yes Template X or Template Y on such and such an app" ... and I don't want people to be thinking that about my documents. So I always roll my own. The only app in which I do use specific templates is Keynote, and even then I usually modify them, or build my own on the basis of one of them — but I have still to create the one that I won't want to make any more changes to.

Mark