Nisus to MS Word

Nisus Thesaurus, Nisus Writer Classic– this is the place for all other Nisus products.
htmlDVWeaver

Nisus to MS Word

Post by htmlDVWeaver »

Any one can help me with this

I am trying to open a nisus file in MS word or Notepad. I don't care about the formatting of the content (tab, bold..)

Thanks a lot
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Post by rmark »

htmlDVWeaver,

If you don't care about any formatting, there should be no problem. Have you tried simply dragging the Nisus Writer Classic file onto the icon of Word or Notepad? If so, what happens?

Remember, a Nisus Writer Classic file is a plain Text file (with all the formatting saved in the Resource fork).
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
htmlDVWeaver

Post by htmlDVWeaver »

thanks a lot for the reply

I tried to open in MS Word, first I got a (file conversion) window, with 3 options of the text encoding: 1- Windows (default), 2- MS-DOS, 3- other encoding.

I tried all the above encoding options and I only got a set of small squares as a disply.

Any idea
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Post by rmark »

I need to ask this, I've presumed that you have a Nisus Writer Classic document (because this discussion is in the Nisus Writer Classic portion of our forum)… is that the case?

If so… if it is a Nisus Writer Classic document (or even if it is a Nisus Writer Express document), please compress the file and send it to <support@nisus.com> to my attention. Mention this conversation on the forum. I'll take a look and see what can be done.

In what format does the file need to end up?
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
htmlDVWeaver

rmark, I sent you the file

Post by htmlDVWeaver »

Thanks rmark for your time,
I sent the Nisus file to your attention yesterday.
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Re: Nisus to MS Word

Post by rmark »

I think if you pass the file through Nisus Writer Express or Nisus Writer Pro you should be able to easily save the file as .rtf or .doc.

In order to make Nisus Writer Express and Nisus Writer Pro compatible with other word processors we decided to make rtf (Rich Text Format, developed by Microsoft, the most commonly used word processing file format in the solar system (I presume the staff of the International Space Station uses a word processor)) the native file format.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Text_Format>

I hope that helps. If you need any additional assistance, please let me know.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.