Just a Thanks

Talk about InfoClick, our email search tool.
tedg

Just a Thanks

Post by tedg »

I've ended up using this app several times a day now. I have no idea what I paid, but it was trivial compared to the value it delivers.

I'd like to encourage Nisus to make more products.
User since 1990
Most current NWp and MacOS
MacBookPro 16-inch 2021
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Just a Thanks

Post by martin »

Thanks for the kind words and your positive attitude tedg! That's always appreciate :)
cashdollar

Post by cashdollar »

Same here. I use it all the time. A great little utility that let's me sort the wheat from the chaff (in terms of search results)
CG1001

Post by CG1001 »

I have used this app daily (if not hourly) for the past 24 months. Without being overly dramatic it is a life changer for me. With well over 500,00 emails going back years I am able to find ANTHING in a matter of seconds... stress free.

MacMail search without InfoClick is nothing more than a huge dumping ground that should the need arise (as it often does) you can only hope you will be able to find a specific email. Having InfoClick onboard is tantamount to having a full staff constantly organizing emails as they come in ready to track down and produce any email within seconds.

This app should be installed on every Mac by default!

Martin- a BIG thank you!
Tacitus

Post by Tacitus »

I too have been a user of InfoClick for some time and recently wanted to backup the database but couldn't find where it is stored. Its location may have changed over the years with upgrades to MacOS. I'm running Ventura 13.6.4

Anyone any idea of where it is? It's not mentioned in the prefs with any options to create a new database or anything similar.
History is a nightmare from which I am trying to escape.
CG1001

Post by CG1001 »

Tacitus,

Try one of these locations:
  • ~/Library/Containers/com.nisus.InfoClick/Data/Library/Application Support/InfoClick/
  • ~/Library/Containers/InfoClick/Data/Library/Application Support/InfoClick/
CG
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Tacitus wrote: 2024-03-02 07:35:22 I too have been a user of InfoClick for some time and recently wanted to backup the database but couldn't find where it is stored. Its location may have changed over the years with upgrades to MacOS. I'm running Ventura 13.6.4

Anyone any idea of where it is? It's not mentioned in the prefs with any options to create a new database or anything similar.
CG kindly shared the info you requested, but I'd caution that it's not much use to backup the InfoClick database. It helps InfoClick match what you're searching for, but it doesn't store the full content of your original emails. In fact, if anything it's irrelevant to backup InfoClick's database and it could be excluded from automated backups like Time Machine to save some space.

InfoClick's database is entirely derived info that can be rebuilt from your Apple Mail emails. The original emails are what you should be backing up.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

CG1001 wrote: 2024-02-29 11:40:49 I have used this app daily (if not hourly) for the past 24 months. Without being overly dramatic it is a life changer for me. With well over 500,00 emails going back years I am able to find ANTHING in a matter of seconds... stress free.

MacMail search without InfoClick is nothing more than a huge dumping ground that should the need arise (as it often does) you can only hope you will be able to find a specific email. Having InfoClick onboard is tantamount to having a full staff constantly organizing emails as they come in ready to track down and produce any email within seconds.

This app should be installed on every Mac by default!

Martin- a BIG thank you!
You are too kind! Thank you for your praise, it's very nice to hear that InfoClick works so well for you :D
Tacitus

Post by Tacitus »

CG1001:
Try one of these locations:
~/Library/Containers/com.nisus.InfoClick/Data/Library/Application Support/InfoClick/
~/Library/Containers/InfoClick/Data/Library/Application Support/InfoClick/
Thank you for the info. i did try Application Support but must have missed it.

Martin:
InfoClick's database is entirely derived info that can be rebuilt from your Apple Mail emails. The original emails are what you should be backing up.
Thank you Martin. I already back up the original emails but work on the principle that you can't have too many backups. I really intended a backup of Infoclick to be used to transfer to the laptop and then do an update of that, more as a means of saving time rather than constructing a new database from scratch.

Thanks to both of you for the help.
History is a nightmare from which I am trying to escape.