Change default style of table edges?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ugur

Change default style of table edges?

Post by ugur »

I like my tables to have edges in hairline. The default with 1 point thickness is too thick for my taste.

Is there a way to set "hairline" as default for new tables? Or save this as a style and re-apply it to new tables?
Þorvarður

Re: Change default style of table edges?

Post by Þorvarður »

Try entering your favorite table as a glossary entry and see if you don't like that better.

1. Create a table and format it the way you want
2. Select the whole table and copy
3. Go to Nisus Preferences > QuickFix and create a new Glossary named 'Table Glossary', for example.
4. Type an abbreviation of your choice, for example "t" (for table, without the quotes) and enter a tabulator. Then paste the table.
5. Then finish by entering a Glossary Entry Break from Insert > Glossary > Glossary Entry Break

Now every time you type "t" (without the quotes) followed by a space in your document , Nisus will paste the fully formatted table into your document.

• You may have to type the abbreviation a few times until the mechanism kicks in. But that's only the first time.
ugur

Re: Change default style of table edges?

Post by ugur »

Excellent! Thank you very much. Didn‘t know about this glossary feature. Can think of many use-cases.