Nisus Writer Pro (and Express) Suggestions

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
deltanick

Nisus Writer Pro (and Express) Suggestions

Post by deltanick »

1. Nisus® Writer Pro should center each new page automatically within its window when launched, as other word processors do. This is because the page cannot be centered manually: the page-to-window space is ALWAYS unequal on each of its sides, and at top and bottom.

2. Strongly suggest Nisus® Writer Pro provide shadow behind the page on the right and bottom sides. This will help the writer gain immediate focus on the page and improve appearance significantly.
Þorvarður

Re: Nisus Writer Pro (and Express) Suggestions

Post by Þorvarður »

Hello Nick
Nisus® Writer Pro should center each new page automatically within its window when launched, as other word processors do.
I have no idea what this means. Could you provide screenshots (also from other word processors) to demonstrate what you mean?
the page-to-window space is ALWAYS unequal on each of its sides, and at top and bottom.
I'm afraid I don't understand this either. Have you tried the commands "Show Entire Page" and "Show Page With" in the page zoom menu on the lower left toolbar?
Can't you adjust the spaces and then SAVE the window/document as Nisus New File? Next time it will then launch exactly the way you want it.
If your Nisus New File is "unequal" now, it will remain unequal until you fix it or create a new Nisus New File.
Strongly suggest Nisus® Writer Pro provide shadow behind the page on the right and bottom sides. This will help the writer gain immediate focus on the page
Why aren’t the Page guides and the colors for Page backdrop and Page frame in Preferences > Appearance enough?

PS
The default color for Page frame is gray. Try to change it to black. That looks much better.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Nisus Writer Pro (and Express) Suggestions

Post by martin »

Þorvarður is right that Nisus Writer does let you customize some of the aspects you mentioned. For more details please see our FAQ on how to configure the default window size and position.