Feature Request: Margin Defaults

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
carrington

Feature Request: Margin Defaults

Post by carrington »

I'd like to add another item on the feature request pile.

In addition to requesting footnotes and styles (like everyone else), I'd like to request the addition of margin settings to the defaults I can set.

Right now the "New Document" preferences let me set the font face, alignment, and line spacing, but not the margins. Since 99% of what I write must use a 1.5" left (or inner) margin, I'd *really* like to be able to set that as a default.

I'm delighted with NXE so far, particularly the uncluttered interface. Most important to me, I love the fact that it uses a non-proprietary file format (RTF) as its default. I'll be purchasing NWE at the end of my 30 day demo period. (To be honest, I've decided to wait until the end of the demo since I'll get 1 year of free upgrades from my date of purchase. I have no motivation to purchase before my demo period expires because purchasing early would effectively decrease my free-upgrade period.)
charles

Re: Feature Request: Margin Defaults

Post by charles »

carrington wrote:I'd like to add another item on the feature request pile.

In addition to requesting footnotes and styles (like everyone else), I'd like to request the addition of margin settings to the defaults I can set.

Right now the "New Document" preferences let me set the font face, alignment, and line spacing, but not the margins. Since 99% of what I write must use a 1.5" left (or inner) margin, I'd *really* like to be able to set that as a default.

I'm delighted with NXE so far, particularly the uncluttered interface. Most important to me, I love the fact that it uses a non-proprietary file format (RTF) as its default. I'll be purchasing NWE at the end of my 30 day demo period. (To be honest, I've decided to wait until the end of the demo since I'll get 1 year of free upgrades from my date of purchase. I have no motivation to purchase before my demo period expires because purchasing early would effectively decrease my free-upgrade period.)
We intend to reintroduce the Nisus New Document feature at some point. Of course, we have a very tall stack of feature requests, so no guarantees as to when it gets in there. If anyone else wants Nisus New Document, send a request via Send Feedback or feedback@nisus.com. We are trying to address issues that are most important to people first.

-C
Renoir

Re: Feature Request: Margin Defaults

Post by Renoir »

carrington wrote: I'm delighted with NXE so far, particularly the uncluttered interface. Most important to me, I love the fact that it uses a non-proprietary file format (RTF) as its default.
RTF is a propriety format -- it belongs to Microsoft. It is open (i.e., all can see the format) but it still belongs to Microsoft and can be changed by it.