A thank you to Nisus

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
pastorblue

A thank you to Nisus

Post by pastorblue »

When I first purchased NWE I was disappointed by the bugs. Moving up to NWE 2 didn't help totally, and I placed a complaint in this forum particularly about columns (terribly buggy) and how well Apple's Pages had implemented columns.
I still think there is a better implementation of columns in Pages, in that if you widen the gutter you automatically get two equal coumns, whereas (afaik) in NWE 2.5 I have to widen the gutter than play around to get the two columns equal in width. That's fiddly, although the bugs seem to have been squashed.
But having said that, with NWE 2.5 this is undoubtedly the best general word-processor on OS X. I love it - thank you Nisus. :D
Cheers,

pastorblue
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Post by rmark »

Pastorblue,

Thank you for your kind words.

There are other aspect of columns I would like to make better/easier. But, we're getting there.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
crumb

Post by crumb »

Ditto --

Being a programmer I know all too well that you usually only hear complaints.. But NWE is easily one of my favorite apps -- ever.

BTW -- Major kudos to whoever designed this thing. It just DOES what I want and expect it to do, and any functions that I'm looking for are very intuitively placed. The toolbar on the side leaves you wondering "why isn't EVERYONE doing this". Genius!
crumb

Post by crumb »

Ditto --

Being a programmer I know all too well that you usually only hear complaints.. But NWE is easily one of my favorite apps -- ever.

BTW -- Major kudos to whoever designed this thing. It just DOES what I want and expect it to do, and any functions that I'm looking for are very intuitively placed. The toolbar on the side leaves you wondering "why isn't EVERYONE doing this". Genius!
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I agree whole-heartedly with what crumb says. I'm also coming from the perspective of a programmer/designer, and most things, especially the Tool Drawer, are just plain elegant.

I genuinely feel that NWE helps my writing get from brain to page.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

Would it be too much to ask to have the "send feedback..." menu changed to "Poke us with a sharp stick" or "Send us hate mail"? Ooh! Or "Click this to send an electrical shock to one of our engineers"?

Seriously, guys. Good work. Will you be continuing the public alpha/beta process as you move toward NWE 7.5? ;)