Nisus Writer Express & Sonoma

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
David A.

Nisus Writer Express & Sonoma

Post by David A. »

Yesterday I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Sonoma (14.0), and my copy of Nisus Writer Express 4.3 crashes constantly. Nisus support hasn't yet responded to my inquiry. Are other users having the same problem?
Mikulbrd

Re: Nisus Writer Express & Sonoma

Post by Mikulbrd »

I have had the same experience with Nisus Writer Pro.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

There are definitely compatibility issues with Nisus Writer and macOS Sonoma. The most prominent is related to system-wide auto-completion, which triggers crashes in Nisus Writer.

We have a pre-release beta version of Nisus Writer Pro that attempts to fix the most serious of these problems. We’re very sorry for the trouble! We hope the beta helps while we smooth out other remaining issues
speedyraf

Post by speedyraf »

I just updated to OS Sonoma and my Nisus Writer Express keeps crashing. What is suggested as I need the program to edit my files. Thank you
xiamenese

Post by xiamenese »

speedyraf wrote: 2023-12-06 11:59:10 I just updated to OS Sonoma and my Nisus Writer Express keeps crashing. What is suggested as I need the program to edit my files. Thank you
As no one has replied… I hope you have found it but the answer to your problem is Martin’s post immediately before yours.

:)

Mark
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

The beta is no longer required and has been superseded by the official release of Nisus Writer Express 4.4, which ensures macOS Sonoma compatibility.