vanishing text, corrupt file

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ThosGreen

vanishing text, corrupt file

Post by ThosGreen »

Anyone else having problems with vanishing text?

Several pages in the middle of a long document vanished. I replaced them from a previous version and they vanished again. I wondered whether the file was too big, so I did Save As twice, then in one copy I deleted the text before the vanishing bit and in the other I deleted the text after. Closed Nisus, reopened – and the two Save-As files were garbled worse than the original. Can't even send them to the 'feedback please' address, because Nisus refuses to send them because they're corrupt.

Big snafu. Anyone got any suggestions what I can do? and how to avoid it happening again?
Amontillado

Re: vanishing text, corrupt file

Post by Amontillado »

Maybe copy the file and open with another RTF editor. TextEdit, perhaps.

Does that reveal anything?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: vanishing text, corrupt file

Post by martin »

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your data. Is the text actually gone ("vanished")? If so that could indicate a Nisus Writer layout issue. I'd switch your document to Draft View to spot check and look for the missing text. It's simpler than Page View and likely to sidestep any complicated layout problems.

Or is your text "garbled" like the characters have transformed into gibberish? The latter typically indicates system font bugs, though it could also be triggered by file system issues, e.g. hard drive problems.

Either way, you can email us directly:
It would help to send us the file and describe where the text is wrong, so we can have a look and give you specific advice.