Ventura -- QuickKeys limitation

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
rgbenson

Ventura -- QuickKeys limitation

Post by rgbenson »

Just got a new MacBook, migrated lots of stuff over, installed Ventura, and upgraded to latest Nisus. Strange Ventura behaviors mostly taken care of, however, Nisus QuickKeys don't allow me to select other menus besides File. This means I can't get all my keyboard shortcuts working, which is very frustrating, since I had lots of useful things there which I use all the time.

Any indication of when this compatibility issue might be fixed?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Ventura -- QuickKeys limitation

Post by martin »

Congrats on the new MacBook!

As for your troubles, when you say "QuickKeys" do you mean Nisus Writer's Menu Keys preferences pane? Those settings should be working properly with macOS Ventura (and later). There are no known compatibility issues.

One suggestion: follow our FAQ on how to backup or sync your Nisus Writer preferences. That should allow you to carry forward all your Nisus settings, including keyboard shortcuts for menus, without reconfiguring them.
Vanceone

Re: Ventura -- QuickKeys limitation

Post by Vanceone »

Is this the accessibility command that allows full keyboard control of the computer; so you can select a menu with (default) control -F2? Once you do that I think you can tab through the menus and arrow down to select an option.

Is this not working in Ventura? I'd suggest toggling that system preference off, restart, and then turn it back on; see if that clears it up.

The other option is whether you are using the QuickKey's product, which I'm afraid I know nothing about. There might be an issue with that in Ventura?