glossary expansion shortcut in 3.22 on OSX12.s

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
credneb

glossary expansion shortcut in 3.22 on OSX12.s

Post by credneb »

For many years up to and including NWP3.22 on my mid-2014 MBPro now running OSX 11.6.4 (Big Sur), glossary expansions have been enabled by a single SPACE (or punctuation) character. For example, if the glossary entry is mm = millimeter, typing mm(space) gets "millimeter(space)" with the cursor positioned perfectly to type the next word (or gloss entry) with the appropriate space. It worked brilliantly, including punctuation marks -- mm, rendering millimeter,(space), for example.

On my Mac Mini (2018) running Monterey 12.1, this does not work, and I cannot find a way to correct this problem. Typing cmd\ is required, plus then typing the space.

The default key setting in 3.22 is cmd\ (incl on the MBPro). The menu keys preferences do not seem to allow changing this to (space) without a cmd key. I have not tried to reset it on the MBP for fear of it killing my preferred behavior.

Is there no way to restore the original, preferred, behavior?

Thank you.

Cliff
credneb

Re: glossary expansion shortcut in 3.22 on OSX12.s

Post by credneb »

sorry. That's 12.1.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: glossary expansion shortcut in 3.22 on OSX12.s

Post by martin »

Glossary expansions should still be triggered by typing a regular space (or other whitespace or punctuation) after the abbreviation. That has not changed.

Have you verified that your glossary files are available and detected on all your Macs? You can see your glossaries listed in Nisus Writer's QuickFix preferences.