ePub export fails

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Abdassamad

ePub export fails

Post by Abdassamad »

Hello,

Today, after initial success exporting a book with Arabic, transliterated text and footnotes to ePub format, after standardising everything on a single font, Times New Roman, both in Arabic and English and removing small glyphs I had been using, I am no longer able to export the file at all. Does anyone have an idea why that might be and what I could do?

Warm regards,

Abdassamad Clarke
Abdassamad

Re: ePub export fails

Post by Abdassamad »

People might be interested in my experience here. Because in previous attempts to make an ebook of this work, the multiplicity of fonts, which always leaves tracks even when you thought you had changed the font, causes some problems, this time I reduced all the fonts to one which handled both the English and the Arabic. But that didn't help generating the ePub file.

Then I thought about the huge number of sub-titles which were making the table of contents enormous, and I decided only to have major chapter headings, and suddenly the ePub worked.

I hope this might be of some use to someone else who is trying to turn a book into an ePub and finding difficulties.

Best wishes,

Abdassamad Clarke
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thanks for letting us know about this problem, and for sharing your solution. Would you be able to share your earlier document with us? I'd like to see the problem firsthand, where ePub export fails. That should not occur, even with a large number of headings or TOC entries. If you could send us your document privately for testing (eg: via email or the menu Help > Send Feedback) we would appreciate it, thanks!
Abdassamad

Post by Abdassamad »

Would gladly do so Martin, but of course I made the corrections to that document so the error is no longer reproducible.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

If you have a few spare minutes, you might be able to recover the earlier version of your document that still has the problem. That would be helpful for us, though I understand if it's gone or you don't want to bother.

One last quick question: do you have any guess as to how many TOC items your original problematic document had? I can perhaps just try to create a test document that fails in the same way.
Abdassamad

Post by Abdassamad »

Hello Martin,

This version control feature is new to me, and regrettably there were no older versions saved. I counted the number of TOC entries and it was 879 sub-entries, which, when removed, allowed the ePub generation to proceed.

Regards,

Abdassamad
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thank you all the same for checking Abdassamad, and for providing a count of TOC entries. We'll test here and see if we can reproduce the problem. Thanks again!