Version Française French localization

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
jdevriendt

Version Française French localization

Post by jdevriendt »

I was so happy, but, shame!, first bug! No way to get menus and tools in French!Image
Attachments
Nisus préf.jpg
Nisus préf.jpg (65.55 KiB) Viewed 21163 times
Hamid

Re: Version Française French localization

Post by Hamid »

This affects other languages as well, except Portuguese.
The localisation folders (.lproj) for the other languages are missing in the application's Resources folder.
piquadrat_pi2

Post by piquadrat_pi2 »

I hope that the german language will appear soon too. But I am sure this will not last very long, or?
ptram

Post by ptram »

As far as I know, localizations will come at a later date.

Paolo
jdevriendt

Post by jdevriendt »

Thank, Vielen Danken, muito obrigado !

I've just received an e-mail telling me about this mistake, that "ll be soon overwroten.
So i'm gonna wait.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Nisus Writer Pro version 3.0 does not have any non-English localizations. There just wasn't time for us to update the localizations before version 3 was finalized. We intend to update the localizations later, for some future update to version 3.

The option to change the active localization in Nisus Writer's preferences should have been removed. This is an oversight on our part, and we're very sorry for the misunderstanding.
Riton

Post by Riton »

Three emails to info, customerservice, support and sales (@nisus.com), zero answer.

Quel mépris dirait Godard... 🇫🇷

Upgrading to Nisus Writer Pro 3
"A Worthy Upgrade"
(…) We think you will be very happy you did.

Help me to be happy by replying, thanks !

Hello again,

An acknowledgment or, better, an updated information regarding your updates schedule after my previous email would have been welcome.

Did you know that the window proposing the new version upgrade was in ... French? I would have appreciated a new version already localized in French too.

Best regards,
(...)
Capture d’écran 2019-02-16 à 17.03.30.png
Capture d’écran 2019-02-16 à 17.03.30.png (28.85 KiB) Viewed 19997 times
Début du message réexpédié :

De: (...)
Objet: Please, make Nisus Writer Pro version 3 serviceable asap...
Date: 12 février 2019 à 22:03:25 UTC+1
À: customerservice@nisus.com

Hi there,

Sorry to say but please consider that a word processor with its interface in a foreign language can be totally unusable.

If you are not convinced, try some.

Thanks to correct this asap.

Back to 2.1.10

Best regards,
(...)
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'm sorry that the French localization of Nisus Writer Pro version 3 is not yet available. We intend to add non-English localizations for a future update to Nisus Writer.
dwly

Post by dwly »

Hello Martin.
I am a happy user of NWP 3, it is a great upgrade. I have seen only one problem, the table of contents behaves strangely, it doubles up the item numbering. However, that is not my question :-)
I too would like the user interface in another language (French). Do you have any idea when you think that would be done? Ballpark, this year or next?
Kind regards, Desmond.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

dwly wrote: 2019-05-14 17:18:57 I am a happy user of NWP 3, it is a great upgrade. I have seen only one problem, the table of contents behaves strangely, it doubles up the item numbering. However, that is not my question :-)
Thank you for your kind words regarding Nisus Writer Pro version 3! We're happy when our customers are happy :)

Although your question isn't about TOC problems, perhaps you could contact us privately and share an example document? I'd be curious to see the strange TOC, to see if we can help you.
I too would like the user interface in another language (French). Do you have any idea when you think that would be done? Ballpark, this year or next?
We generally prefer not to give explicit answers when asked when a particular feature will be ready. It's too easy to disappoint users if something gets delayed. There are many different reasons for delays, some entirely outside of our control.

However, if you keep it in mind that unforeseeable delays could occur, I will say that restoring localizations like French is something we'd like to do this year. That's not a promise it will be ready this year, ballpark of not, but maybe it gives you an idea.
Gerard Bertin

Post by Gerard Bertin »

Bonjour !

Même dans la nouvelle version de Nisus Express 4.0, la localisation n'est pas présente.

Il y a pourtant un public de francophones dévoués à Nisus

Hello !
Even in the new version of Nisus Express 4.0, localization is not present.

Yet there is an audience of dedicated "Francophones" to Nisus
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

The French interface localization has been restored to both:
• Nisus Writer Pro version 3.1
• Nisus Writer Express version 4.1