Footnotes in ePub Export format

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Targuman

Footnotes in ePub Export format

Post by Targuman »

I am just getting to trying to export a document into ePub. First of all, just the simple export looks great! But...I have hundreds of footnotes and while they appear to be as links, clicking on them (in MacOS Books app) does nothing. They are all there as endnotes, but clicking does not take me to them nor is there any link on the note to go back.

There is very spare info in the manual and I could find nothing on this site. Anyone have any experience or info about this?

Thank you!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Footnotes in ePub Export format

Post by martin »

I just gave this a try and it appears to be working correctly. Footnote references in the exported EPUB show as links in iBooks. Clicking any of those links takes me to the corresponding note text at the very end of the document.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us your document for testing? Thanks!
Targuman

Post by Targuman »

Thanks Martin. I will send it along. This is a very large document that originated in a very old version of NW. (It is my doctorate, so over 20 years old ;-) That may be the issue. But I am keen on converting it to eBook so I appreciate someone looking at it.

Thank you and I will send it along.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thank you for sending along your document. We've been able to reproduce the problem, which must somehow be triggered by the particular document structure. We're looking into it.
Targuman

Post by Targuman »

Martin, do you think it would help to convert them to endnotes?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Nisus Writer Pro 3.0.2 should fix this bug. Links between a footnote or endnote reference and its text (and vice versa) should work correctly when exported to EPUB.