Title Case macro

Get help using and writing Nisus Writer Pro macros.
writerhoward

Title Case macro

Post by writerhoward »

Does anyone know if there is a Title Case macro? It's one that would be helpful.
phspaelti

Re: Title Case macro

Post by phspaelti »

I assume you are looking for something that will capitalize only the "content" words in the selected text, avoiding prepositions etc. Have a look here.

Wait a second! You are the same writerhoward who started that discussion too. Did you forget, or are you fishing for a different solution?
philip
Bob Stern

Post by Bob Stern »

Here's a perl macro from Aristotle Pagaltzis to convert text to title case.

It should be easy to convert to a Nisus Macro for someone who, unlike me, knows both perl and the Nisus Macro language.

http://plasmasturm.org/code/titlecase/

Philip, do you find anything useful in Aristotle's macro? Of course, his lacks your nifty script for adding words to a registry.
writerhoward

Post by writerhoward »

I am trying to use the title case macro on a new computer, a different MacBook Pro, which is running the latest Mac OS, and the macro is not working. When I click the macro to "title case" a selection, the exempted words list appears instead. The selection is unchanged. That happens every time I try to use the macro.
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

Hello Howard,
There are actually a lot of macros floating around by now. I did check the last one I posted, and I do see that there is a problem with that one. So I am posting an update here. Note that this is also a package of 3 macros: the one called "Title Case Capitalization" is the one that does stuff. The others are only for changing settings. Details are in a read me file.
Hopefully this clears things up for you.
Philip
Attachments
Title Case Macros.zip
(18.04 KiB) Downloaded 907 times
philip