Hardware Reqs NW 3 vs 2.1

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
mjfriedman

Hardware Reqs NW 3 vs 2.1

Post by mjfriedman »

Hi-- any experience on NW3 performance on older Macs? I'm using a 2012 model MacBook Air with 4 gigs RAM. NW 2 performs like a speed champ for me; I would not want to give up any of that responsiveness upon upgrading Nisus.

Thanks for any input!
Michael
xiamenese

Re: Hardware Reqs NW 3 vs 2.1

Post by xiamenese »

Since Nisus give you a 15 day free trial, why don’t you download it and give it a try. If you are worried about causing problems with version 2.1, just create a temporary account on your computer, and run it in that, perhaps from a folder in that account rather than the main Applications folder—though with a bit of judicious renaming I’m sure you can have both installed in the Applications folder—so that you can see for yourself how responsive it is on your MBA. Running it in a separate user account avoids any potential confusion with preference files.

Mark

Edit: it might depend on which version of the system you are running. Come to think of it, I also have it installed on a late 2011 17” MacBook Pro running 10.13. But I haven’t had to use that for any major work since I installed NWP 3, so can’t comment further. That is a pretty fast computer, though.
MacSailor

Post by MacSailor »

mjfriedman wrote: 2019-01-06 12:15:44 Hi-- any experience on NW3 performance on older Macs? I'm using a 2012 model MacBook Air with 4 gigs RAM. NW 2 performs like a speed champ for me; I would not want to give up any of that responsiveness upon upgrading Nisus.

Thanks for any input!
Michael
I have NWP 3 installed on my MBP Retina with 16 gigs RAM and the latest macOS and NWP works like a charm. I know it could be difficult to compare MBP and Air and 4 vs 16 gigs RAM.
Peter Edwardsson
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

There are no official hardware requirements for Nisus Writer Pro version 3. However, we did increase the system requirements. Nisus Writer Pro 3 now requires macOS 10.11 or later.

If Nisus Writer Pro version 2 is speedy on your older Mac, you should experience that version 3 is also speedy. We didn't change anything that should unduly tax your Mac.

If you want to try version 3 alongside version 2, to see if it's still smooth on your Mac, please see our FAQ on trying version 3.