How Do I Copy-Paste a "Screenshot File" That Pastes The Photo?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Fillip

How Do I Copy-Paste a "Screenshot File" That Pastes The Photo?

Post by Fillip »

Problem:
I was able to copy a 'photo file screenshot' from my desktop and then paste the file in Pages '09 as a photo not a link. Yesterday, New Years Day of 2019, I upgraded to Mojave 10.14.2 and sadly discovered that Pages '09 no longer works. I tried Apple's newest pages and it was an exercise in frustration. Impossible to work with. So I opened Nisus Pro v3.0.1 (NP) and when I pasted the "screenshot file" it pasted as a link. :(

Question:
Is there a setting in Nisus Pro that I can set so when I paste a "screenshot file" it will paste as a photo?

At the moment this can be easily done with Mellel. However, I love Nisus Pro and would love to be able to have a "copied screenshot" paste as a photo rather than a file.

Background Info:
I'm in the process of learning 2,200 Japanese Kanji characters. I'm taking a screenshot of photos that I want to use as memes to help me learn the Kanji. Pages '09 made this a breeze. At this time, Mellel will do exactly the same, but hoping there's a way NP can do it too.

Appreciate your suggestions and help. Thank you.
Mac late 2010 ( 1TB SSD) Mojave 10.14.2
Nisus Pro v3.0.1
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
ToddO

Re: How Do I Copy-Paste a "Screenshot File" That Pastes The Photo?

Post by ToddO »

Have you tried Insert > Image..., then select the image from your disk?
ToddO

Post by ToddO »

You should also just be able to drag the image file into your document.
Fillip

Post by Fillip »

@ToddO: Woo! Hoo! Thank you! The "drag the image file" works perfectly. It's the fastest and easiest. Inserting the image takes too many steps but I do appreciate the suggestion because it may come in handy for other purposes.

Thank you so much. Problem solved...I can continue with Nisus Pro! \(*<>*)/
Vanceone

Post by Vanceone »

For your information, copying and pasting images, PDFs, etc into Nisus Writer Pro does work.... sometimes. It's a problem with Apple, really. They sometimes decide that a link to the picture is what is wanted instead of the actual image. I've noticed this in particular with pages of a PDF I am trying to paste into a document from Preview. If I set the page just right in Preview, Copying it gives me the PDF page. But if it's not "just right" I only get a link.

The "insert image" command is much more reliable, though not as quick when the copy/paste method works.
Fillip

Post by Fillip »

@Vanceone
Thank you for sharing your experience. Finally getting into the new rhythm of creating mems, using the 'drag-n-drop'.
I can see times where the "insert image" will be handy, like when I have a dozen or more windows open.
Thanks again for sharing.