Happy New Year and Style Library

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Yohanan

Happy New Year and Style Library

Post by Yohanan »

Hi, here is what exasperate me sometimes with Nisus. For a few weeks I can save a modified style in what I have called "My Own Library" and all of a sudden (one more time since the last year) Nisus does not find the connection with it. Here is the situation when I try
Well screen shots are always "too large" on this forum. So I will keep it on my desk…
Let's say that once "My Own Library" does not appear I can select "Show Style Library" at the left bottom of the empty window where the upper button "Add style to a new collection" is selected (impossible to select the button below this last one called "Add style to an existing collection"). Then I can select and open "My Own Library", where I discover my last defined and saved styles on what resembles a simple doc., what else after this ? No idea.

ALL THIS TO WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY AND BLESSED NEW YEAR FOR 2019 :)

Yohanan
Yohanan

Re: Happy New Year and Style Library

Post by Yohanan »

I would be very pleased to get an answer, a path, a hint, anything about these disparitions of Style Library, Glossaries, not to say anything about the templates... They seem to regularly change location for from the beginning of Using the app. and after a few weeks every time, these disappear. My impression is that there is something with the "sandbox" system I do not understand and the manual is far too flexible constantly sending the reader from one part to another. (I might be obliged at some point to read the whole of this huge document. . .)
All I have done until now did not produce a stable result.
Yohanan
Yohanan

Post by Yohanan »

I guess I am not the first user encountering this problem. Is it congenial to the app ?
Yohanan

Post by Yohanan »

For the Nisus New File I am going to edit. . . it is found in Nisus Documents/Glossaries/Glossaries/Glossaries/Templates. . .
As for my glossary it is located at: Nisus Documents/Glossaries/Glossaries/Glossaries/Glossaries…

I have already mentioned this when using the precedent version of NWPro and nobody could actually help me with this strange feature. It was my assumption that Nisus has been conceived for the Mac since the beginning, si I wonder what went wrong in regard with the macOs systems (High Sierra right now)

I confess I would be very annoyed if I had to find another Word Processing app.

Friendly,

Yohanan
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Hello and Happy New Year Yohanan!

I'm sorry you're frustrated by the location of your style library, glossaries, and templates. The path you gave is indeed quite strange:
For the Nisus New File I am going to edit. . . it is found in Nisus Documents/Glossaries/Glossaries/Glossaries/Templates

You should not have so many nested folders all called "Glossaries". Before I advise you further, I want to ask you where you have configured your Document Manager location? What do you see when you open your Nisus Writer preferences and switch to the Doc Manager pane? Has it indeed been set to the same "Nisus Documents" folder you expect, or has it changed to a folder called "Glossaries" or something like that?

Ideally you want to see a simple Document Manager folder location like this:
docman.png
docman.png (47.82 KiB) Viewed 7731 times
Of course your home folder would not say "martin" but rather your own user name. If you have a more complicated path showing, please let me know and I can help you fix the situation.