Paste does not work same in 3.0

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
exegete77

Paste does not work same in 3.0

Post by exegete77 »

I have run into a problem with pasting. In the previous versions, Paste (by itself) worked OK. But when using Paste Text Only the note in the dropdown shows that we should use SHIFT + CMD + V (as it always had). However, it 3.0 nothing happens when using that combination. If I use the dropdown menu, then it pastes to match style (as expected).

I thought about the shortcut being used by another program but I have exactly same programs as before.

The only change is installing Mojave. Is there something in Mojave that I am missing?
iMac 21.5” / MBP 13” Retina
Mac user since 1990
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Paste does not work same in 3.0

Post by martin »

That's strange and isn't a problem I've heard about yet. Do you have any system-level keyboard shortcuts that might be intercepting the shortcut before it reaches Nisus Writer? I'm referring to any shortcuts you've created in the system preferences under "Keyboard".

What do the rest of your shortcuts in Nisus Writer look like? If you use the menu Macro > Application > Show All Menu Key Shortcuts do you see any conflicts?

Without knowing the answers to any of those questions, I suppose my first recommendation would be to try reseting the shortcut, ie:

1. Open your Nisus Writer "Menu Keys" preferences.
2. In the listing select the menu Edit > Paste > Paste Text Only.
3. Remove the listed shortcut and click the "Set" button.
4. Add the desired shortcut (Command + Shift + V) back and click the "Set" button.
exegete77

Post by exegete77 »

Thanks, Martin. I tried all of these solutions and still nothing works for the Paste Special.

Interestingly, when I examined the Macro > Application > Show All Menu Key Shortcuts, there are no conflicts. Also the combo ⌃⇧⌘ V does not work at all either. Now even the use of the menu bar for Paste Special does not work at all.

So, it is getting worse, not better.

Stumped for answers
Mac user since 1990
exegete77

Post by exegete77 »

I have tried other programs (Mellel, Scrivener, LibreOffice). None of them work with the keyboard combination.

I even tried a different keyboard, and same problem persists.
Mac user since 1990
Vanceone

Post by Vanceone »

If a different keyboard doesn't fix this, and Mellel, etc also do not appear to register the keyboard sequence, then it is likely that the system itself is messing around with it. Does System Preferences: Keyboard : Shortcuts show anything?

Does Command V do anything--regular paste? Or perhaps Control-V? You can also try to open the keyboard viewer. To do that, go to the last tab in the Keyboard system preferences, and check the "Show input menu in menu bar" command. There will appear a new icon in the menu bar, with the command key on it. One of the options is "show keyboard viewer."

That will open the venerable "Key Caps" desk accessory of days of yore, which will show which keys you have pressed. You can see if holding down any of the modifier keys registers. Maybe it can lead you in the right direction?
Elbrecht

Post by Elbrecht »

Hi –

for whatever reason "Shift-Option-Command-V" works with me for Paste-Text-Only.
I tried intuitively - so don't ask me why. Somehow Option got added for MWP 3.0…

HE

BTW: I'm still on Sierra! English (U.S.) language & German keyboard…
"Shift-Command-V" gives for me this History pop-up: Image
As this Clipy pop-up thing does not look Nisus like, I zipped my "PopClip.app" I didn't got used to anyway and guess what – Paste-Text-Only is back with "Shift-Command-V" in Nisus Writer 3.0 – MY problem solved…
MacBook Pro i5
SSD 840/850 Pro
High Sierra 10.13.6
Nisus Writer Pro 3.4
exegete77

Post by exegete77 »

Thanks. I have been exploring all options regarding keyboard shortcuts. I have found that Boom 3 has captured a couple of the shortcuts. And there are a few others that were being hijacked so neither NWP nor Mellel, and in fact, LibreOffice/OpenOffice, too.

I have still more to explore.

Thanks for everyone's input.
Mac user since 1990