A few question

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
NBRN

A few question

Post by NBRN »

Hello,

I just have few questions using the software:

1) How can I merge 2 cells on the top of a table but keep the bottom separated in a 4x4 table? I want to use the top cell as a header

2) You can see in this image the list highlight colour changed in width in the middle thinned and then returned back to its regular size. What is causing this?

3) How can I change the highlight color behind the the numbers in a list because grey is very ugly

thanks
phspaelti

Re: A few question

Post by phspaelti »

NBRN wrote:1) How can I merge 2 cells on the top of a table but keep the bottom separated in a 4x4 table? I want to use the top cell as a header
Select the cells you want to merge, and then choose "Merge Cells" from the "Table" menu. Instead of using the menu you can also use the button in the palette.
NBRN wrote:3) How can I change the highlight color behind the the numbers in a list because grey is very ugly
Look in the preferences dialog, under "Appearance". At the bottom is a menu which allows you to set many of the colors used in Nisus. Under "Automatic Text" you will find "Automatic Numbers". You can then either change the color or, if you prefer, click "Hide this color" to hide it completely.

As for problem (2), I suspect it has to do with tab settings, but since this is R-to-L I can't be sure how things work.
philip
NBRN

Post by NBRN »

Hello again.

Thanks, the table tip worked but the list number highlights color didn't. I did as you said but it didn't work. I tried to restart the app and tested a new document I sitll got the grey color.

One more question, can I start a list and let it continue on my right side of the page (in LTR languages) ? currently it skips to next pages and continues numbering while so much white space left on the previous page.
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

NBRN wrote:Thanks, the table tip worked but the list number highlights color didn't. I did as you said but it didn't work. I tried to restart the app and tested a new document I sitll got the grey color.
Sorry about that. Above I wrote that you should change "Automatic Numbers". But of course these are list numbers, so you should change "List Items" instead.
NBRN wrote: One more question, can I start a list and let it continue on my right side of the page (in LTR languages) ? currently it skips to next pages and continues numbering while so much white space left on the previous page.
You are talking about mixing LTR and RTL in the same list? I really don't have any experience with RTL. So I'm sorry, but I'm of no help here.
philip
NBRN

Post by NBRN »

No I meant If I created a numbers list and suppose from 1 -20 reached the bottom, how can I continue 21-40 on the the same page instead of skipping to page 2. I want the list to looks like this

1 5
2 6
3 7
4 8

instead of:
ProfT

Post by ProfT »

It sounds like you would need to set up the document with multiple columns.

You can alter the number of columns in the Sections Palatte.
Attachments
Multiple Columns.tiff
Multiple Columns.tiff (22.94 KiB) Viewed 9917 times
Two Column RTL.tiff
Two Column RTL.tiff (41.68 KiB) Viewed 9917 times
NBRN

Post by NBRN »

Yes, both tips worked!

thanks a lot!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thanks to Phil for answering all of the other questions here. That leaves:
NBRN wrote:2) You can see in this image the list highlight colour changed in width in the middle thinned and then returned back to its regular size. What is causing this?
This looks like a bug in the way that list style indentations interacts with floating content, when using the RTL writing direction. We'll have to investigate, thank you.
NBRN

Post by NBRN »

thanks. This is my guess too