Feature Request

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
scottwhitlock

Feature Request

Post by scottwhitlock »

Hi Nisus Folks,

It's amazing to me to see how Nisus has grown from Nisus Express 1.0 to NWP 2.0.4. I've written a Masters Thesis and a Doctoral Dissertation, along with more than a few articles in it, and it has never let me down (not even once). I have probably made this request before, but I would like to make it one more time (hey, it worked with the Vertical Ruler). Is there any way that we could get the option of Word Count in the status bar. It would be such a nice feature to have. I'd even buy you pie.

And if we could get a split document view, I'd buy you a dozen donuts AND a pie.

Thanks so much!

S.
MacBook Pro 15
2.66 Ghz Core i7
8GB RAM
NWP 2.0.4
iPad 3
Groucho

Re: Feature Request

Post by Groucho »

Also a resettable session count. So you know how much you have written in a day or week or what have you.

Multiple thanks, Henry.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thank you for being such a loyal user Scott. We've definitely made big progress since the first version of Express, which seems ages ago now. I'm very happy to hear we've been helpful in your work over the years!

I think having the word count (and perhaps some other metrics) in the status bar is a great idea. And yes, repeated requests for the same feature, especially from multiple users, does influence us (á la the vertical ruler) and helps gauge demand. And bribery isn't needed, though we do like thinking about pie and donuts!
scottwhitlock

Post by scottwhitlock »

Has it really been 8 or 9 years ago??? So much has changed since then. Remember when you NEVER EVER EVER saw anyone using a Mac? And, now, it seems that everyone does. I sort of miss those days, actually. My Mac Classic and I against the world. :) And then my Bondi Blue iMac and me against the world. And then my Powerbook and me against the world. And then...
MacBook Pro 15
2.66 Ghz Core i7
8GB RAM
NWP 2.0.4
iPad 3
scottwhitlock

Post by scottwhitlock »

And obviously, somewhere between the Mac Classic and the Bondi Blue iMac, I forgot proper pronoun grammar... ;)
MacBook Pro 15
2.66 Ghz Core i7
8GB RAM
NWP 2.0.4
iPad 3
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

scottwhitlock wrote:And obviously, somewhere between the Mac Classic and the Bondi Blue iMac, I forgot proper pronoun grammar... ;)
Don't worry, that post is nearly scrolled out of view now, which might as well be 8-9 years ago in internet time ;) Personally I'm glad Bondi iMacs are gone, but I'll miss the aesthetics of the Mac Cube.
xiamenese

Post by xiamenese »

martin wrote:
scottwhitlock wrote:And obviously, somewhere between the Mac Classic and the Bondi Blue iMac, I forgot proper pronoun grammar... ;)
Don't worry, that post is nearly scrolled out of view now, which might as well be 8-9 years ago in internet time ;) Personally I'm glad Bondi iMacs are gone, but I'll miss the aesthetics of the Mac Cube.
And here on this side of the pond, that particular grammar question became a non-question before Macs were even thought of ... unless you're still one of those who thinks that Latin is the language spoken in heaven! In fact if you used the "I" people would look at you as if you'd crawled out from the 18th Century, so don't worry about it Scott ...
:)
Mark
scottwhitlock

Post by scottwhitlock »

Latin is not the language spoken in heaven? :|
MacBook Pro 15
2.66 Ghz Core i7
8GB RAM
NWP 2.0.4
iPad 3
exegete77

Post by exegete77 »

scottwhitlock wrote:Latin is not the language spoken in heaven? :|
No, it is either Minnesota Northwoods dialect of English or Hebrew. I haven’t narrowed it down further. ;) :D :D
iMac 21.5” / MBP 13” Retina
Mac user since 1990
CrisB

Post by CrisB »

Let me add my vote for a split document view. Currently, I just copy the document and view that as the second, but two views into the same window would be easier to work with.
Find strategies to improve your effectiveness at http://www.lifestrategies.net
CrisB

Post by CrisB »

Another very useful enhancement would be for QuickFix to fix a spelling mistake whether or not the word is capitalized. Currently a capitalized mistake needs a separate entry to be created, which takes extra time and effort - as well as double the space.
Find strategies to improve your effectiveness at http://www.lifestrategies.net
scottwhitlock

Post by scottwhitlock »

Sometimes I feel like I've crawled out of the 18th century, but that's just before I've had my coffee.

I miss my Bondi Blue...I'll never forget when I went to CompUSA on the day they were released and I set it up. It was so much faster than my Mac Classic. And OS 8 was so ... dare I say it ... pretty. And fast (but I was coming from a Mac Classic). That Bondi Blue got me through my second Bachelors degree without a hiccup, my C++ and Java programming class (RIP Codewarrior), and, with the help of Adobe Illustrator, my computer cartography classes (although not my GIS classes, because ESRI had left the Mac years before). I wrote my first real GIS program, however, in RealBasic (are they even around anymore?). Although I have had more powerful Macs and more beautiful Macs, the Bondi Blue will always hold a special place in my memory and my heart.

And it was the first time in a long time that I thought, "Hey, this Apple company might stay around for a little while longer!" Of course, had I been as talented at making money as I was at geography, I would have bought Apple stock then as well....;)

S.
MacBook Pro 15
2.66 Ghz Core i7
8GB RAM
NWP 2.0.4
iPad 3