Review of Nisus 2 by Joe Kissell

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
js

Review of Nisus 2 by Joe Kissell

Post by js »

There is a long and enthusiastic review of Nisus 2 by Joe Kissell in Tidbits. See

http://tidbits.com/article/12220
Timotheus

Re: Review of Nisus 2 by Joe Kissell

Post by Timotheus »

Excellent and authoritative review of an excellent application. The words of high praise are fully deserved. But, to be honest, I was also delighted to read the following passage:

"Although Nisus Writer Pro offers draft, page preview, and full-screen modes, all these share in common the limitation that a document can appear only as a continuous vertical scroll. You can’t split the screen to show different parts of a document at once, as you could in Nisus Writer Classic (and still can in Word, BBEdit, and many other applications). You can’t show two or more pages side-by-side, or even display page thumbnails. In short, you’re limited to seeing a single portion of your document that’s no taller than your screen. You can zoom in and out, but if you want to maintain readability and still see more than a single page of your document at once, you’re out of luck. I find this tremendously limiting, as I’m used to seeing as many as six full pages of a Word document on my 27-inch display and easily comparing text in two parts of a document without jumping back and forth. If I could change just one thing in Nisus Writer, adding more (and more-flexible) view options would be it."

I completely agree. These are the only features I really miss in NWP 2, and I really do hope we won't have to wait another year or so before seeing them implemented in NWP.