centering help

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
robertb

centering help

Post by robertb »

How is text centered vertically on a page? The horizontal (left-right) centering is straightforward, but I've looked in the NWP User's Guide and in the forum and can't find anything on centering text vertically (top-bottom).
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: centering help

Post by martin »

There's not really any quick and easy way to center text vertically on a page. If you don't intend to have any other content on the page, you could insert a table with a single table cell, where within you may vertically center text. You'll want to increase the height to that cell to that of a single page, and probably make the cell borders invisible.

There's also the makeshift approach: inserts lots of newlines and eyeball it. Or play with the paragraph spacing.
Elbrecht

Post by Elbrecht »

Or -

ask Geoff for vertical ruler...

HE
MacBook Pro i5
SSD 840/850 Pro
High Sierra 10.13.6
Nisus Writer Pro 3.4
robertb

Post by robertb »

Thanks for the advice. It's no big deal to use the eyeball technique; I was just wondering if there was a command somewhere that could be used.

But far be it from me to mutter anything about vertical rulers--they're about as useful as the old Microsoft talking paper clip.
exegete77

Post by exegete77 »

robertb wrote:
But far be it from me to mutter anything about vertical rulers--they're about as useful as the old Microsoft talking paper clip.
Oh oh. Now, you raised the hackles of our beloved Geoff. Just when it seemed he had cooled a little. :D