Footnotes from within tables?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
germandanny

Footnotes from within tables?

Post by germandanny »

Does anyone know why I can't seem to make a footnote reference from within a table? Am I missing something or is this feature really not available with Nisus Writer Pro? If anyone knows what's going on, please let me know. Thanks.
Hamid

Not notes with tables

Post by Hamid »

Unfortunately you cannot yet put a footnote or an endnote reference in a table. (Cf. help, p. 190).
germandanny

footnotes from within tables?

Post by germandanny »

Thank you, Hamid, for your reply. That's too bad, as it's quite a simple operation with Mellel, and even with MS Word! Just to be clear, what I am asking for is not to be able to put the actual footnote within the table, but the reference to the footnote (p.190 of the help guide seemed to be talking more about the actual footnote within the confines of the table). I want the footnote down at the bottom with the rest of the footnotes. But it doesn't look like this will work, either. Again, thanks for your help.
Hamid

footnote reference in tables

Post by Hamid »

help.pdf should have included the word 'reference' to make sense.
How many footnote references do you want to include in your table(s)?
germandanny

Post by germandanny »

quite a few... I've just settled for a work-around and done it manually with superscript numbers and letters, etc. Thanks, Hamid
pevensen

Re: Footnotes from within tables?

Post by pevensen »

Any idea if and when this is going to be fixed? I just downloaded a demo copy and was disappointed to find out that I can't put a footnote reference in a table! I guess I'll have to do a manual one :(
Ted Walsh

Post by Ted Walsh »

I asked for this feature last year and am still hoping! Having migrated from Mellel this is frustrating. Any realistic possibility of slotting this into the next upgrade?
LongTermUser

Post by LongTermUser »

Yes, I also need this feature. It is very common in published literature.

Lorenz
ljegou

Post by ljegou »

Hello, i'm writing my doctoral thesis with Nisus Writer Pro and the possibility to use a footnote reference inside a table is strongly missed. Any news about this request ?

Thanks,

LJ
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'm sorry to say that Nisus Writer Pro still has this limitation (footnotes cannot be inserted into table cells), sorry about that. At this time we don't have any news to announce about this enhancement request, but we know it's important.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Please do make this a priority. This is a significant restriction for academic work.
Setne

Post by Setne »

I had to edit a Festschrift and wrongly assumed that Nisus had such a basic feature (which it is available in every other word processor). It was a disaster. It is hard to imagine how Nisus can pretend to be useful for academic writing when you cannot add a footnote to a table.
msebban

Post by msebban »

such a disaster…….. this feature is such a basic one for academic work….
Craft2science

Post by Craft2science »

Add my vote to this request. In most regards NWP is great for academic word processing. But without this it is hard to use for scientific articles.
exegete77

Post by exegete77 »

I, too, would like to see this capability in NWP.
iMac 21.5” / MBP 13” Retina
Mac user since 1990