document manager awkward

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
tomholman

document manager awkward

Post by tomholman »

I have difficulty knowing what to do with the document manager -- other than to stop having it appear. There doesn't seem to be any way for it to look in folders and subfolders where I organize my documents. Along with this, I have no use for a folder called "nisus documents. Am I missing something? In that blank space between "delete" and "rename" there should be some ability to navigate folders, shouldn't there?
Tom
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

Hiya Tom

I have the document manager open all the time because in it I store frequently used documents (e.g. a list of my internet passwords) and my non-standard templates.

A great resource.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
xiamenese

Post by xiamenese »

Yes, I too use it for my own templates, the quickest way to get at them until Nisus develops an "Open from template" system. And if Nisus crashes, that folder is where the backups are saved, so don't get rid of it.

Mark
Hamid

Re: document manager awkward

Post by Hamid »

tomholman wrote:In that blank space between "delete" and "rename" there should be some ability to navigate folders, shouldn't there?
I quite agree. The Document Manager as it stands now is very limited, and I hope there will be a major rewamp of this feature.
One glaring limitation is that it allows you to select multiple files but then does not allow you to open them; you can open only one file at a time. I have made a feature request to allow opening multiple files, just like the Open dialog which allows opening multiple files. The ability to look inside folders and subfolders should also be made possible.