Features in Nisus Writer Pro 1.1

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
mrennie

Features in Nisus Writer Pro 1.1

Post by mrennie »

Can I say that one of the most important news at this time of the year (Macworld, of course) is the list of features that are going to be added to Nisus Writer Pro in version 1.1, as highlighted in the newsletter?
Anyway, this version will have new features, the most important will be the ability to add comments to your documents. This is a much requested feature that we have been wanting to add for some time. We are also adding Mail Merge, Go to Page, and a few other smaller features.
I am really looking forward to that release, and I can't wait for the first beta to appear!
109%

Post by 109% »

Yeah, but how thin will it be? :D

Seriously, folks: sounds great. *Cough* Actual page numbers in status bar *Cough*.
ptram

Post by ptram »

Hey,

What if someone didn't receive the newsletter? O, please tell us, tell us more! I can't wait to know!

Paolo
gemboy27

go here

Post by gemboy27 »

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education/Mark Twain (1835-1910)
ptram

Post by ptram »

Thank you! I was not able to discover it myself. Blame me!
Paolo
Elbrecht

Post by Elbrecht »

No wonder -

the web address is given within the newsletter!

HE
MacBook Pro i5
SSD 840/850 Pro
High Sierra 10.13.6
Nisus Writer Pro 3.4
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

I agree with you, mrennie, looks very good.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
ptram

Post by ptram »

Something I don't see in the newsletter is the inclusion of hyperlinks and bookmarks when generating a PDF file. This is one of the most important missing features for me.

Paolo
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

The other thing missing was the release date! :lol:

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
feat

Post by feat »

Also: it looks like there's no plan to fix the html problems...
• no rendering of text in a box (1-line/1-column tables)
• no control for graphics width/height
• no rendering at all for inlined graphics
• misaligned left-indent in lists
• relative hyperlinks rendered as absolute
and so on...
xiamenese

Post by xiamenese »

greenmorpher wrote:The other thing missing was the release date! :lol:
Erm ... "Second quarter 2008"? Not good enough?
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

Oh. Missed that. It might have been too obvious for me. :o

Cheers, geoff
JRP

Post by JRP »

It would be nice, and I'm sure appreciated, if Nisus could post a version of what they demo'd at MacWorld for Pro 1.1 to the forum so that we could see what's to come. Or at least a few screenshots. Any chance of doing that for us loyal users and forum participants who couldn't get to MacWorld? :)
mrennie

Post by mrennie »

The forum's been very quiet these last days. I guess we've already talked quite a lot about NWP 1.0, and since we all know the app by heart, there's no point in discussing it any further. :)

That is also why we're all anxiously awaiting some information on NWP 1.1. Nisus folks, are there any details you'd be willing to share with us? A couple of screenshots, maybe? A video on YouTube? A public beta? Or even a private beta for forum members? :roll:
CrisB

Post by CrisB »

ptram wrote:Something I don't see in the newsletter is the inclusion of hyperlinks and bookmarks when generating a PDF file. This is one of the most important missing features for me.

Paolo
I have already requested clickable hyperlinks as a feature request for a future release. If enough of us let Nisus know that their existing users would find this highly desirable, perhaps we could get the priority increased. I'm told that the latest version of Pages does NOT support clickable links, so it could be a highly desirable feature to convert people to Nisus.