Re-opening "Nisus Express" files

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
KAGE-UK

Re-opening "Nisus Express" files

Post by KAGE-UK »

Used Nisus Pro a long time, but it is so loaded, that it's very slow to start up.

Bought express this week, added roughly the same question on purchase - no answer.

Specifically with Express, I need to open, any of five hundred plus projects, add a few notes, then close, several times a day.

But, when I click on the closed Express file, it opens, in Pro. (No identity check), and its back to very slow.

Presently I drag each file onto, the Express icon, but faster, and easier to double click it.

Please Is there a setting, that I can change, to keep Pro asleep, until I specifically want to use Pro.

Many Thank's, ken
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Re-opening "Nisus Express" files

Post by martin »

Hi Ken-
KAGE-UK wrote:Bought express this week, added roughly the same question on purchase - no answer.
I'm haven't gone through the ordering process myself recently, but it's likely that any space for questions/comments in the order form is simply bundled in with all the other fields (eg: address, credit card, etc). I'm not sure we actually review those as they come in, unless there's a problem with an order. I can check on that, but in general it's best to write to sales or support directly.
But, when I click on the closed Express file, it opens, in Pro. (No identity check), and its back to very slow.

Presently I drag each file onto, the Express icon, but faster, and easier to double click it.

Please Is there a setting, that I can change, to keep Pro asleep, until I specifically want to use Pro.
There is a setting for this, but it's something that's global to your computer (eg: Apple's Finder). Specifically it controls which application is used to open a particular file type. Because Pro and Express share the same default/native file type (RTF), unless you specifically use different formats for each application, you'll only be able to choose one to open files created with either. Perhaps that's not a problem for you; if not, you can:

1. Select any Pro/Express/RTF file in the Finder.
2. Use the menu File > Get Info.
3. From the "open with" area, choose Nisus Writer Express.
4. Click the "Change All" button.

If indeed you want files created with Express to open in Express, and files created with Pro to open in Pro, you'll have to use different file formats for each (or use some 3rd party tools that augment the Finder's behavior to restore "creator code" type launching).

I hope that explains things- please let me know if you have any other questions.
KAGE-UK

Re: Re-opening "Nisus Express" files

Post by KAGE-UK »

Martin -
Many thanks -
Ken