Request - Page View position in window

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Tacitus

Request - Page View position in window

Post by Tacitus »

I don't know how difficult this would be to do, but as someone who swaps between Draft and Page View on a regular basis I would like to see the page (writing) automatically centred in the open window in Page View. OK I can resize the window to make sure it is covered, but if you have several windows open at the same time it covers more screen estate than is strictly necessary.

Alpha 7 is behaving itself so far on 10.3.9, but I had no problems with A6. File opening seems a tad slower on my machine (G4/400) but nothing problematic.

NWE gets better and better.

cheers,

Tacitus
History is a nightmare from which I am trying to escape.
charles

Post by charles »

Hi Tacitus:

I'm unclear, do you want the window to resize to fit the page or the page to resize to fit the window? The last one is certainly possible. Choose "Page Width" or "Entire Page" from the Zoom tag at the bottom of your window.
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

I should let Tacitus speak for himself, but I think I know what he wants.

When in Page View, you generally have a lot of white space (the margins) on the left side, the right side, or both sides. You can resize the view and manually center the document horizontally in the window, but you lose that centering if you switch to Draft View and back.

A nice solution would be an option in Page View -- in addition to "Show Page Width" and "Show Entire page" -- that would center the document horizontally and size it so that the left margin and the right margin just fit within the window.

This is something that I would appreciate myself. Is that what you're after, Tacitus?

--Craig
Tacitus

Post by Tacitus »

cchapin wrote: ......When in Page View, you generally have a lot of white space (the margins) on the left side, the right side, or both sides. You can resize the view and manually center the document horizontally in the window, but you lose that centering if you switch to Draft View and back.

A nice solution would be an option in Page View -- in addition to "Show Page Width" and "Show Entire page" -- that would center the document horizontally and size it so that the left margin and the right margin just fit within the window.

This is something that I would appreciate myself. Is that what you're after, Tacitus?

--Craig
Exactly. It's not that it is diffcult to manually centre the 'page' within the page view window, it's that you lose it every time you toggle draft/page view.
.....center the document horizontally and size it so that the left margin and the right margin just fit within the window. ..
This would seem to fit the bill, but I don't know how difficult it would be to implement.

cheers,

Tacitus
History is a nightmare from which I am trying to escape.