How do I configure InfoClick to index/search my emails?

A set of frequently asked questions and answers for Nisus InfoClick.

Moderator: faq-editor

martin
Official Nisus Person

How do I configure InfoClick to index/search my emails?

Post by martin »

InfoClick is sandboxed, which means InfoClick cannot look through your email files without your permission. You need to give InfoClick the permission it needs to access and index your email files. You only need to do this once, as the permission is retained for the future.

If you encounter errors related to email folders, you may need to reset permissions.

How to Reset Email Folder Permissions:
To reset permissions you will need to first remove all email folders from InfoClick, and then re-add those same folders. Here's what to do:

1. Open your InfoClick preferences.
2. In the "Email Folders" list, remove all listed folders by selecting each folder in turn and clicking the button with the minus icon.
folders.png
folders.png (92.2 KiB) Viewed 15321 times
3. Once the folder list is empty, click the button with the plus icon. A folder selection dialog will appear on screen:
dialog.png
dialog.png (35.23 KiB) Viewed 15313 times
4. In the dialog, select and confirm the email folder used by Apple Mail. Depending on a variety of factors, that folder may be either of the following:

Code: Select all

~/Library/Mail

Code: Select all

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail
If you're unsure which folder is correct, and both folders exist on your Mac, just add both of them. If you have trouble adding these folders, please see our list of steps on how to select an Apple Mail email folder.

5. Once you add one or more folders to the list, InfoClick will begin scanning them for emails. You should see a progress bar in the bottom-left corner of the main search window:
looking.png
looking.png (13.21 KiB) Viewed 15313 times
Once the scan is complete, InfoClick will again be ready to search your emails.