"Print" Issue

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ninjagame

"Print" Issue

Post by ninjagame »

Some tine ago, I've created a template for "official" letters, with letterhead and dummy spaces for address, date, and subject heading. For purely esthetic reasons, I've set the scale in the "Page setup" menu to 80%. This allows me to retain the main font size at 12pt and still have a more "nice" character size in the printed version.
Whenever I printed a document in this format, I got a dialog box notifying me that "Some of the document margins are outside the printable area for this printer." with the options "Print As It Is" and "Fix margins." When I chose "Print As It Is," I got a print just like I wanted it.
This went on smoothly until 2.1.10. But with 3.0, it doesn't seen to work anymore. While the scale is still set to 80% in the "Page setup" menu, the text doesn't fit to the paper size anymore, the letterhead is completely clipped, and the characters are "big" as if they were still set to 100%.
I've tried to adjust this but if I want to achieve the original formatting, I have to blow up the header to nearly half the long side of the paper and still "it's not right."
Funny thing is: I've reactivated my already zipped version 2.1.10 - and miraculously, with this it printed again like a charm.
What am I doing wrong?

BTW: My printer is a Brother MFC-9332CDW and the paper size for this template is A4.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: "Print" Issue

Post by martin »

You're not doing anything incorrectly. I just tested and reproduced this problem. It's definitely a new bug in version 3. We'll look into getting it fixed.

Thanks for letting us know, and sorry for the trouble!
ninjagame

Post by ninjagame »

Martin,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I'm looking forward to the fixed version.
BTW I love Version 3.0. It's a really big step forward!
Last edited by ninjagame on 2018-10-31 12:05:35, edited 1 time in total.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

ninjagame wrote: 2018-10-31 10:10:54BTW I love Version 3.0. It's a really bis step forward!
Thank you, that's very kind of you to say :)