Same Nisus set-up on two computers

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
David Sharp

Same Nisus set-up on two computers

Post by David Sharp »

I'm about to purchase a second Mac, which will be operating in a different place from the one I currently use. I shall be using both Macs alternately, depending on where I am, and keeping each system more or less in synch via daily copies of my everyday work files transferred via USB devices, plus occasional Time Machine migrations from the existing machine to the new one. (I refuse to use the "cloud").
Unless I'm mistaken, this will require me to purchase a second Nisus license. The one I have was bought direct from Nisus, and not from the Apple Store, and I intend to go the same route with the new license.
My question is this: is there a preferred way to make the transfer from the existing Mac to the new one? Should I simply import all my files, including all my software, and then buy a license on the new machine? Or should I start by purchasing and installing NWP on my new machine, and then do an import from Time Machine, excluding software?
Does it make any difference?
I have quite a lot of paid software, and want to make the transfer process as easy as possible, while avoiding too many hassles over licenses.
Hamid

Re: Same Nisus set-up on two computers

Post by Hamid »

The easiest way to transfer everything from the old machine to the new one is to use Migration Assistant:
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204350
A second license for NWP will not be needed:
You may use a copy of the software on a second or portable computer, as long as the extra copy is never Loaded at the same time the Software is Loaded on the primary computer on which you use the Software.
From Help:License Agreement menu.