About NW Pro 2.1.1

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Beurlen

About NW Pro 2.1.1

Post by Beurlen »

Hi Martin,

thank you for the good news. I am very happy with this new version, although I don't use it very heavily, because at work we are still on OS X 10..6.8. So I use the new version only at home.

Among other improvements, It seems very fast, and table formatting looks to work smoother.

But looking inside the Nisus Writer Pro/Contents/Resources folder I was wondering why do there exist a “Nisus Writer Pro User Guide” and a zipped file called NWP-help21.zip which, after unzipped, appears to be exactly the same as the former mentioned guide file? Same size, same creation and modification dates?

I wish you will succeed in including the application in the Mac App Store soon. Regards,

Gerhard Beurlen
Rio de Janeiro Brazil
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: About NW Pro 2.1.1

Post by martin »

Greetings Gerhard,

Thank you for your kind words on our recent release. I'm happy to hear it is working well for you, at least on Macs that can run it. Hopefully the Macs in your work offices get an update eventually– OSX 10.6 is quite old now.
But looking inside the Nisus Writer Pro/Contents/Resources folder I was wondering why do there exist a “Nisus Writer Pro User Guide” and a zipped file called NWP-help21.zip which, after unzipped, appears to be exactly the same as the former mentioned guide file? Same size, same creation and modification dates?
That is indeed very strange. Offhand I can't explain the superfluous file, but surely it's a mistake. We'll investigate and make sure to eliminate the duplication in the future. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
I wish you will succeed in including the application in the Mac App Store soon
I too hope we soon clear that roadblock!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Beurlen wrote:Rio de Janeiro Brazil
PS: a funny coincidence: another customer (who lives in Sweden) recently told me he just came back from a family vacation in Brazil.
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

martin wrote:[...]That is indeed very strange. Offhand I can't explain the superfluous file, [...]
And what about valkyries.mp3? Have I found an Easter egg, or is it an indication of things to come?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Hamid wrote:And what about valkyries.mp3? Have I found an Easter egg, or is it an indication of things to come?
Sometimes a macro just needs some inspiring music to go with it :wink:
Attachments
Fun.nwm.zip
(4.9 KiB) Downloaded 321 times