MS Word page-size puzzle

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
BobHughes

MS Word page-size puzzle

Post by BobHughes »

I have exported the draft of my book to MS Word (for the sake of the multiple windows and hidden text ...)

All works well, EXCEPT that page-settings is completely odd. When printed, the text has massive right and bottom margins. Yet the settings in Page Setup appear completely normal: A4, with the same margins as in my original NIsus document. When I view it with Print Preview, it appears that some quite different page proportions are being used - a much squarer page format; more like US Letter, or possibly something much bigger. The Ruler does not extend across the whole page, so the margins can't be fixed that way. Both .rtf and .doc versions of the file are similarly affected. Changing page-sizes in Page Setup doesn't seem to have any effect (I thought maybe a random format had been selected, and a bit of fiddling might 'free it up' as it were. But no luck.)

It's as something has screwed up Word's page settings. There are various section breaks in this document. Tried removing them all in case one of them had somehow got corrupted but still no joy.

Has anyone come across this before? I'm using NWP 2.0.1 under OS X 10.4.11, and Word 2004 for Mac.

Best regards,

Bob Hughes
BobHughes

Re: MS Word page-size puzzle

Post by BobHughes »

I tried opening an earlier draft from Nisus (an rtf) in Word; looked at it in Print Preview and it looked OK. But after a three or four seconds, the page size changed again to the new, annoying mystery one. Does that offer any clues?

B