How do I get the Nisus Writer Pro from the App Store?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
NBRN

How do I get the Nisus Writer Pro from the App Store?

Post by NBRN »

I own Nisus Writer Pro but I would like to get it from the App Store, that way whenever a new update is out there I am aware of it ? Is this possible or do I have to re-buy the software?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: How do I get the Nisus Writer Pro from the App Store?

Post by martin »

I'm sorry but there is no way to convert the license key you bought directly from Nisus Software (or any other developer) into a free download from the Mac App Store. This isn't likely to ever change, because it would open a big loophole in Apple's 30% take on every sale.
that way whenever a new update is out there I am aware of it
In case you weren't aware, NWP itself can automatically remind you about (and download) new updates as they are made available. In NWP's preferences, under the "General" pane, make sure to checkmark "automatically check for new application versions". I understand this perhaps isn't as convenient/centralized as the App Store update process, but it can get the job done.
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

martin wrote:I'm sorry but there is no way to convert the license key you bought directly from Nisus Software (or any other developer) into a free download from the Mac App Store. This isn't likely to ever change, because it would open a big loophole in Apple's 30% take on every sale.
that way whenever a new update is out there I am aware of it
In case you weren't aware, NWP itself can automatically remind you about (and download) new updates as they are made available. In NWP's preferences, under the "General" pane, make sure to checkmark "automatically check for new application versions". I understand this perhaps isn't as convenient/centralized as the App Store update process, but it can get the job done.
Not as convenient as the App Store? Ho, ho, ho, ho, Martin! I am sure we all understand :)

Direct from Nisus is how I buy and update. I really can't imagine anything more convenient than that!

Cheers, geoff
NBRN

Post by NBRN »

Thanks for the reply, It was just easier to update within App Store . Given that I purchased Nisus from a software value bundle, I am not too bothered by this in the first place.

Thanks for supporting Right-To-Left Languages , the reason I bought your software